Monday, September 29, 2008

Why Parker Is In the Doghouse...

One of my favorite things about being married is that I always have someone around to kill bugs. For those who don't know, I am 100% terrified of spiders, crickets, grasshoppers, beetles, preying mantises, ok pretty much everything creepy and crawly except ladybugs and potato bugs. I have appreciated that Parker has always been a man, stepped up, and saved me from these horrible creatures. BUT....

Last night the boys and I got home at about 1am from a long drive home from Logan and I pull into the garage and RIGHT there on the wall, RIGHT where I have to get out of my car, there is a HUGE and I mean HUGE flying beetle!!! There is no way I'm getting out of my car with that waiting to get me so I called Parker and asked him to come kill it for me. He takes his time getting out there and then leaves it there and won't kill it. I hear him mumbling something (cuz I'm still in the car) about it being nailed to the wall and him needing plyers to get it off. I figured he was joking. Eventually, he got his plyers and killed it so I could finally get out of my car...

So TODAY Parker's brother Shane came over for dinner and I was telling him the story and Parker says, "Jenn I DID nail it to the wall!" HE CAME HOME EARLIER, SAW IT, KNEW THAT IT WOULD TERRIFY ME, AND NAILED IT RIGHT WHERE I HAVE TO GET OUT OF MY CAR! Can you believe that? Needless to say, he is in the DOGHOUSE tonight!!!!!

P.S. I know I've been slacking on my posts lately, I have been very sick and hope to find out why tomorrow when the doctor calls!!! So cute pics of the boys to come, I promise!

10 comments:

Palmer Family said...

UMM HELLO!! I can't wait until tomorrow! CALL ME!!

Justina Selim said...

Parker is a terd! Haha! Call me tomorrow! I hope you feel better!

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

I hope you feel better too, and I think Parker owes you big time!!

Parker said...

Haha, I couldn't believe it when I came back from putting a boy in bed and she was still there in the driver's seat, cowering away from the window. I thought it was funny...

melissa said...

you were in logan??? you really should have come to my house. next time call me, ok? 435 757 3685. (please, stalkers, don't write that number down. thanks)

Loni said...

HAHAHAHHHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I LOVE THAT!!!!

Joanie said...

That is halarious! Has the doctor called???!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha my brother-in-law is genius. you know i would have killed jason if he had done that to me. i feel sorry for you.

Steve and Kim... said...

i have to say that parker is pretty creative! that was the funniest post EVER and i couldn't stop laughing at the thought of you calling him in the garage. LOL..im still laughing. that is so freakin hilarious! but im sorry for you jen. oh so funny

JP said...

Yeah, score one for Parker! You've got to admit that that is pretty clever. I'm sure you'll find a way to pay him back...:)