Wednesday, September 3, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!

Jackson and Josh had Back to School night the week before school started.  They are now at Manassas Park Elementary, which is 3rd grade through 5th grade.  They were very nervous about getting lost in the "big school." 
 
Here's the obligatory pics in front of the sign...


 Jackson's teacher is Ms. Demeria...

 Josh's is Ms. Johnston...
 
The school is BEAUTIFUL!  The design is very modern and unique and there are tons of huge windows with gorgeous forest all around.  It even won an award in 2011 from the American Society of Landscape Architects.  The forest adjacent to the school is the historic landmark Camp Carondelet which was the winter quarters of the Confederacy's Louisiana Brigade during the civil war, so cool!



The next night was Tyce's Back to School night!  He will be going to Cougar Elementary, which is kindergarten through 2nd grade.  Kindergarten out here is all day!  Bus comes at 7:30 and drops them off at 3:30. 

Here he is with the cougar...
 His teacher is Ms. Schmidt...

The night before the first day of school we have a family tradition of root beer floats (or just plain root beer for Tyce who hates ice cream)...
 Here's the twins on their first day of 3rd grade...









When the twins came home Jack said it was "THE BEST DAY EVER!" and Josh loved his day also.  Jackson's best friend Kaydon is in his class (amazing given that there is 12 classes!) so he was especially happy.  Here's to a great 3rd grade year!!!

Tyce's first official day was the next day so after we dropped off Jack and Josh we came home and he drew and colored his favorite stuffed animal to "practice for kindergarten."

About 11:00 the bus came back to get Tyce and I for the mommy and me bus ride!  I love that our school does this, it's so fun riding the bus with them for the first time and it makes the transition easier.  Not that Tyce was nervous, when I told him I'd be on the bus with him he pouted, "I don't want ANY parents on the bus with me!"  Mr. Independent.  Once I told him that everyone would have a parent there he was okay with it.  :)

Leah and Tyce won't normally be on the same bus but today they were and Tyce was SO excited!  These two are just too cute...

 Tyce at his new desk!
 Story time...
Oh, did I mention that him and Leah are in the same class?  There are 11 kindergarten classes so all summer I've told Tyce him and Leah wouldn't be in the same class.  As we were walking in to the school he goes, "I'm going to be in Leah's class!"  I told him no, there's lots of classes, you'll make new friends, etc.  We got our teacher assignments and sure enough...SAME CLASS!  I was like "TYCE YOU AND LEAH ARE IN THE SAME CLASS!!"  He shrugs nonchalantly, "I knew it mommy!"  Too cute.  I don't worry that they'll be exclusive, I think they'll both make new friends as well as play with each other.  The class is also split up into two groups for many subjects (which I love because then it's only like 12 kids) and they're in different groups.  Here they are with their first of many kindergarten art work...
 He got to go through the lunch line and get cookies and milk...
 Playtime...
 Lining up to take the bus back home...
It was so fun going to school with Tyce (except the fact that it was SO hot and humid we were dying on the bus).  It made sending him off today a little easier...

This kid is so hard to get a natural smile out of!!

At the bus stop...
He has been watching his brothers go on the bus for three years, now he finally gets to join them!  Their schools are right next to each other so they take the bus together which I love.  :)  Josh got on with his friends but Jackson stayed back and was so sweet with Tyce...


And, he's off!!!  Beyond excited and not the least bit nervous, this kid will rock kindergarten!  Get ready world...here he comes!!!
So I'm home now, alone, it's so weird.  I have a mixture of emotions but I am ready for this new stage of life.  I will still be babysitting Traci's girls (ANNA and Sarah now!) twice a week and also hope to substitute teach at the boys' school so I'll stay busy.  I look forward to the day I can get back to running and the gym because that will help me get through the day.  For the next couple weeks though I will be resting and healing!

In other news...MY GRANDMA COMES TOMORROW!!  I'm so excited to have time with just her!  She's nervous to fly alone and my grandpa is nervous to be left alone (he's very helpless when it comes to household things) but we agreed he'd get bored sitting around chatting so he's staying behind. 

No comments: