Saturday, July 23, 2016

McCall!

We had a FABULOUS week in McCall this year with my family.  It was probably our best one yet!

Here are the boys and Luke on our 7 hour drive up there...
We celebrated mom's birthday that night...


Grandma and all her grandchildren that LOVE her...
Abbi made her a giant card that all the kids traced their hands and wrote in...


 The first two days were kinda cold and gloomy but this view is STILL beautiful!!!


Abbi and Emma braving the water...
Luke was sitting at the table eating breakfast and Josh was in the kitchen and Luke says "Josh, can you come stand by me?"  So, of course, Josh came over and stood by Luke while he ate.  HAHA.  My boys all adore Luke and very very very rarely say no to him!
Josh being a monkey on the boat...

Many a memories playing on this dragon over the years!
We always love stopping to see Macave, the pet bobcat down the street!  He is gorgeous and it's so cool to be able to pet a wild animal!
Ok, Luke and Tyce were attached at the hip the entire week.  Literally, together 24/7 with not a single argument.  The only time they were apart was when Tyce was in the shower.  Whenever I would tell Luke that Tyce needs to shower he would say "ok, I'll just sit RIGHT here so I'm ready when he gets out."  Cracks me up!
Pancake House!  Tyce ordered the plate size pancake...and ate about half..
Josh reading to Emma.  He was so incredibly sweet with her all week and she loves him!
We tried something new this year due to the two cold days...a skate park!  The boys absolutely loved it and wanted to go every day...






Not surprisingly, Jackson fell and his handle bar (which has no rubber left on it) jammed into his chest pretty bad.  It's been 2 weeks and it's still healing!
Linds and I relaxing on the deck while the kids play in the sand...
Livi and the twins playing Catch Phrase in the boat.  We put the younger ones down early on a few nights and let them stay up and play with us.  They really enjoy Catch Phrase and did well!  It was interesting because the twins were on the same team and there were a few times where Jack was giving a clue that no one else could possibly understand and Josh totally guessed the word.  Twin ESP I guess!  
Josh loved kayaking standing up...
We each took turns cooking dinner and went out the other nights, it worked well and was so nice only having to cook once that week!


Hahaha, Grandma made her own table...
Emma jumping to "Ackson Poo"..




All the cousins watching Zootopia for the millionth time (it was the only movie Luke wanted to watch)...
Ice Cream Alley!  Another tradition...

And Josh, as always, has it all over his face...

Another tradition, all the kiddos on the fireplace.  Love to see how they've all grown each year!

Josh swimming...
Jackson playing in the tube...
Luke and Emma eating lunch on the deck...
My man and me...
Mason and Jackson had a lot of fun together, they both went on a pretty crazy tube ride and both got up on the wakeboard!
Jackson decided he loved my mom's wetsuit.  It's a little baggy on him but he still loved it...
Linds and Livi having lunch on the dock...
 Jackson learning to wake board...

His wonderful daddy sat out there helping him until he got up...
 He got up on his 7th try and was pretty proud to be the first cousin to get up!
 Hahhaa, Jason was trying to show Tim how to get up on a wake board (on the dock) and he fell into him.  It was pretty funny but Jason did hurt his foot pretty bad...
Josh tried slaloming...two times...then gave up...

These two were also pretty inseparable...
Boat fun...
Smores fun...




Tyce sleeping with all his "pals"...
Mason and Jack...
Jason, Luke, and Josh...
Playing games was, as always, one of the funnest parts of the week.  Adding Grandma Bybee to the mix?  Made EVERYTHING more fun!  She's such a good sport and we had so much fun playing with her!  
Josh and Emma licking the whip cream beaters...
Snuggles...
Emma, Luke, and Tyce preparing for their tube ride...

Tyce did awesome knee boarding!
So did Luke!


Then they went together and thought they were pretty cool...
One of my favorite parts of the week is tubing with my sisters!  It's like we're all 10 years old again and my dad loves to listen to us scream in fear and fun!  This year we decided we're getting too old for all the bruises and rashes you get from bouncing around in the tube so we all squeezed into wet-suits.  It was SO much better!
And Linds brought us all goggles so the water wouldn't get in our eyes (we really sound like wusses but we went on a pretty crazy ride!).  Here's us with our OH SO PROUD husbands and boyfriend...



Linds and I trying to help Dana get back in after one of her falls.  Lindsay ended up falling out too, which was hilarious...

Then the "men" had a turn...


We had a competition as couples as to who could stay in best.  Jason and Lindsay won with 4, Parker and I had 5, and Dana and Tim had about 9...
My mom is SUCH a beautiful skier...

Lindsay and Emma playing in the water...
Cousins swimming...
 This sweet tooth was in heaven all week because I pretty much let them eat whatever they wanted..
Movie and popcorn night...
Parker was super fun this trip and the boys sure love him...
We did have ONE bad thing happen this trip, and it was SCARY!  One evening Jason decided he wanted to wake board so Lindsay was in the drivers seat, Jason was on the back of the boat all strapped into his board, Parker and I were in the front of the boat, and Tim was on the dock.  We invited my grandma to come watch so she was walking down the dock towards the boat and tripped. She smacked her head (and when I say smacked I mean HARD) on the side of the boat, passed out, fell in the water, and started to go under.  Luckily I was right there so I was able to grab her forearm and keep her from going all the way under.  I thought she was dead because the way her face looked and and she was unresponsive.  I screamed for help and Tim and Parker pulled her out of the water.  Her cheek was so swollen it looked like a baseball.  She came to very quickly and was worried about her glasses that had fallen off.  Jason dove in and grabbed them for her.  We brought her inside, my mom checked her out, and we got her in dry clothes.  We debated whether or not to go to the ER but she really wanted to stay put.  Her mind seemed perfectly intact so it was a blessing she hit more her cheek than her head.  

This was day 1...
This was about a week later...


Her shoulder and face are horribly bruised but the pain is getting better.  I was worried I dislocated her shoulder when I grabbed her but I think it'll be ok.  She has a sharp pain in her back and we wonder if she broke a rib or something.  She might go to the doctor this week depending on how she feels.  It was such a scary experience and made me realize how precious life is and how precious my dear grandma is to me.  I love her and am so proud of her resilient 81 year old body that she has taken such good care of!

On the second to last day Josh FINALLY decided to try wake boarding...



He was a natural and got up on his third try...
So Grandma rewarded them with the world's biggest piece of home made fudge...

Jackson and I went on a SUPER crazy tube ride!  I was really proud of him for not being a wuss!



I had two pretty big crashes...

Luke and Tyce out floating...

Josh looked absolutely hilarious in the purple wet suit because it was way too big for him.  But he thought he looked like the Hulk with big muscles...
So Jason and Lindsay bought my parent's boat from them so this trip it was SO weird seeing LINDSAY or JASON drive the boat instead of my dad!  My dad has always been very OCD about his boat and no one else was ever allowed to drive or anything so it was so weird seeing Linds drive and my dad just RELAX!
Livi and Josh eating chips on the deck...
Relaxing...
Lindsay and I curled Abbi's hair and she looked gorgeous!
 Traditional family pics at the Pancake House...








Abbi on "her" rock...
Last day pics on the deck...



This trip SO wonderful!  Parker and I both felt like it was the first family trip that actually felt like a vacation.  The boys were incredibly well behaved and self entertaining which left a lot of time for Parker and I to relax together or with my family.  I love that we do this annually and love the memories that are made.  Huge thanks to my parents for making this happen!!  I love my family!!!

No comments: