Sunday, May 22, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Are Here!

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE having visitors? :) My parents flew in Thursday night and we've already had so much fun I decided to blog now, then again later when they leave.

Friday the boys had their preschool "birthday party" since they're the only ones that have summer birthdays in their class we had a pretend party for them in their classroom. My mom made cute and YUMMY number 5 sugar cookies and their class got to frost them and eat them. They all seemed to enjoy it...

Grandma made Tyce a T to frost. He mostly just licked the frosting off...There are two girls in their class but they were both gone that day...After that we went to the Bounce House, to a park, then on a bike ride. Needless to say, they were tired that night! My mom brought her VHS Lion King, which my boys LOVE! I can't wait until it comes back out so we can buy a copy. Here they are cuddling on the couch together watching it...Saturday we went mini golfing...Then we had a water balloon fight!Grandpa filling up the balloons...Grandpa seemed to be their main target...Cute Joshy running away from daddy...We woke Tyce up from his nap so he could join in on the fun...Jackson riding his bike through the sprinkler...Josh riding his scooter through the sprinkler...Tyce loved being outside in the warm weather...Taking a break for popsicles...It's so fun having my parents here! Constant entertainment for the kids and constant company for me! Tonight they went to DC where they will be staying until Wednesday night to do sight seeing stuff. The two GOOD things about them being gone? I'll stop eating like crazy and we can get some rest! Parker and I have been up until midnight every night since they got here playing games and talking with them. But we're looking forward to them coming back. Jackson and Josh have their graduation Wednesday, then Thursday we're going to Great Wolf Lodge! More to come!

1 comment:

Brent said...

Jenn: For the record - We went to D.C. because I had 2 days of business meetings - not because we were deserting you to go sight-seeing!! But despite you're negative accusations we've had a wonderful time with you and Parker and the boys!