Monday, March 10, 2014

Fun Day at Massanutten!!!

Saturday morning after the twins' basketball game we headed to Massanutten Resort to go skiing and snowboarding!  Parker has been wanting to take the twins all winter but he's been so busy at work we just haven't had the time.  The twins were SO excited!  The two hour drive was beautiful, I loved cruising the wide open roads (if you know me at all you know I love to drive fast and get very annoyed by traffic, slow people, and stop lights...which is pretty much a summary of driving in the DC metro area).  Parker and I really enjoyed the much needed time to just chat while the twins watched a movie in the back.  When we got close to the resort we stopped and grabbed lunch at Dairy Queen (I'm 30 years old and still LOVE peanut butter cup blizzards!)...
 

Then we headed up the "mountain," or at least Virginia's version of a mountain.  Once we got all decked out in our gear we were ready to rock...


Jack has been asking to try snowboarding all winter.  Our friends Lori and Adam have a little cheap snowboard that Jack loved to ride down our sledding hill.  Parker tried to convince him to ski instead because snow boarding is hard and frustrating but Jack was insistent he wanted to snowboard.  Well, he did awesome!  He learned so quickly and even got on and off the ski lifts by himself!  I was super proud of him.  One time I was on the lift with him and this other snowboarder got on with us and went on and on about how awesome Jack was doing. 
Parker rocked the Black Diamond, which, according to him, was pretty pathetic compared to Utah's but he still had fun.  I think he's looking forward to us all learning so we can stop holding him back.  :) 
Josh and I had a lot of fun going down together then riding the lift together, we had some great talks and laughs. 


 Josh on the lift...
Jack snowboarding...
One time when I was going down with him he literally went right under this lady's legs, took her out, her skis flew off, he rolled, she was a great sport about it and was laughing hysterically. 
Daddy and Jack getting off.  Notice how Parker isn't even wearing a coat?  It was BEAUTIFUL weather!  55 and sunny! 

We just paid for a 4 hour pass because a) it's expensive and b) we thought for sure they'd be tired by then.  WE WERE WRONG!  They were NOT ready to leave!  Josh even told me he's going to save his own money so we can stay longer next time, haha so cute. 
We grabbed dinner at Tropical Smoothie Café then headed home, Jackson fell asleep the last 10 minutes...
It was the perfect day, I had so much fun!  I was pretty proud of myself...no falls!  This was only my second time skiing in my life and I think I did pretty good!  I wish it was closer and cheaper so we could do it more often but for now we'll just enjoy the times we DO get to go.

Where was Tyce you ask?  He was at his favorite place on earth...
At Traci's house, wearing fairy wings. 
 
Traci had the fabulous idea that I go skiing with Parker and the twins and offered to keep Tyce all day Saturday and let him spend the night.  Needless to say, Tyce was beyond thrilled.  He LOVES Traci's house.  They made cinnamon rolls, played at the park, went to Target, made pizza, dressed up, and did lots of other girly things.  When I went to pick him up Sunday morning he took one look at me, got a HUGE scowl on his face, and said "why are you here?  Why do you ALWAYS come pick me up?  Why can't I live at Traci's?"  Haha, punk.  He had so much fun and I am so grateful for an amazing best friend who knows what I need even when I don't.  I never would've gone had she not offered to watch Tyce, and I so would've missed out!  THANKS TRACI!!! 
 

No comments: