Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr. Day...


So this morning Parker gets up at his usual 6am and heads out to catch the bus down to Provo for school. He waits and waits and the bus doesn't come. He then realizes, it's Martin Luther King Jr. Day! To be honest, I have mixed feelings about MLK, he was an adulterer and did not treat his wife (and girlfriends) very well which kinda seems hypocritical to me given his cause. However, he did many great things for equality and because of him my husband gets to be HOME today and I could not be more excited. Obviously the twins were excited too. They did not want to read the same book this morning but both wanted to read with daddy, so they sat on his tummy back to back and each read their own story, haha, too cute.

3 comments:

Pearson's said...

Jenn, looks like you and your little family are doing well. except for that little fall down the stairs are you ok ? I'm so glad that you are now a blogger. i am addicted to this thing. I'm ridiculous, i know! yes of course i would love to hang out with you when your down here in feb. just let me know when your here. man time flies. last time i saw your little ones they were tiny!!!! Now they're little boys! how adorable are they. let's keep in touch! take care

Jenn said...

I'm loving the blogger thing too! It's a great way to keep in touch! Yes, I'm ok but I have a massive bruise on my butt. =( Plus I've been doing a body pump class at the gym (I too am disgusted with my body, but I've lost 12 pounds in 3 months!) anyways, last thursday we did a whole hour of glutes and my butt is absolutely throbbing from that! Haha. But someday, I'll look good right?? Well we're coming to Salem from the 14th-21st so let's get together. Keep in touch! =)

Justina Selim said...

What the heck! Your husband is home? Not fair! Taylor is staying at school until 5 today! I love the pic though! Have fun today!