Saturday, February 26, 2011

Big Boy Joshy

Josh seems to grow up a little more every day, and I don't like it. He is my sweetheart, he's mommy's boy, and I want him to stay that way forever. Today I was on the computer paying bills and he asked me to get his breakfast ready. I said I would in 5 minutes when I was done. I walk into the kitchen to find this...
He was so cute getting his breakfast ready himself. He didn't spill a drop and put both the cereal and milk away without me asking (he could teach his daddy a thing or two!) I know he's 4 and pouring his own cereal isn't all that uncommon but, it made me realize, he's growing up and needs me to do less for him. Why does that make me sad? For so long when the twins were babies I wanted them to grow up. Now here they are, growing up, and I'm devastated. I want to freeze time! I hope I can always find things to keep Josh and I close as he gets older. I love you so much Joshy! I hope you're always mommy's boy!

A few minutes after I posted this Jackson says to me, "mommy I want to stay little forever because I LOVE to play with toys." Haha, he read my mind! Yes Jack, please stay little forever!!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

so cute. i miss them. i hate that i can't see the new things they are doing.

Brent said...

It may be time to teach Josh how to cook dinner and do the laundry, Jenn! Your boys are precious and growing up too fast. I'm anxious to see them (and you) in a few weeks here in Oregon!!

Michelle said...

I remember the day Parker could fix his own cereal - funny! We lived in our little trailer in Coppell, Texas. Can't believe how much Tyce is looking like Joshy. Love you guys!