Saturday, October 12, 2013

Neighborhood Fun

This summer a new family moved into our neighborhood, Lori and Matt and their son Adam.  Lori is my age (a rare find, I think all my friends are older than me!) and Adam is a year older than the twins.  Lori is a stay at home mom (another rare find, out here it is hard to live off of one income so most moms work) and we get along great.  After school we plop into our lawn chairs while the boys run around the neighborhood having a blast.  With the exception of this week (rain rain rain) we do it every day so the kids are active and having fun while Lori and I chat.  As the four of them play, suddenly other kids come out and it ends up being like 10 boys (and one girl) running around playing boy stuff like bad guys/good guys, bike races, shoot em up games, etc.  We live in a very safe secluded area and I love that the boys can play outside like I did growing up. 
 
I snapped some pics the other day...

 Jackson's reaction to his beloved Cowboys loss...

Tyce starting out cheering for the Cowboys but, upon seeing they were going to lose, switched sides...
Monday I headed up to DC to have lunch with Parker.  For the first time in the four years I've lived here I got street parking!  $4 instead of $20!  Between the government shutdown and the rain downtown felt quite empty! 
We went out to Red Robin as a family, Josh and daddy shared a brownie mint oreo shake (yuck!)...
And Jack and I shared an oreo shake (yum!)  Tyce does NOT like ice cream or shakes...
 We went to the library with the neighbor friends, Adam and Caleb...
 
 Last night we had Adam over for a sleepover.  Here they are getting ready to watch their movie...
Adam chose to sleep with Tyce (they get along great, I think Adam enjoys having a "little brother").  He got a little nervous about 10:45pm so I walked him home.  In the morning Lori had them all over for breakfast which they loved. 
Since Lori had the boys, Parker and I were able to go RUNNING together!  We so rarely get to run together and it was awesome.  It was raining and overcast and I had my hubby by my side, couldn't have been happier.  Running and Parker...my two loves.  :)
Tyce looks so forward to Mondays and Wednesdays when he gets to play with Leah and Sarah, the three of them get along SO well!
Tyce has had birthday parties the last two weekends and he LOVES going to them.  He always asks me if I can just drop him off and not come in, haha.  He gets out of the car, "I love you mommy and I will miss you but don't come in until it's over!"  Hahaha.  Here he is getting ready to go to his friend Luke's party today... 
 
Exciting news...Auntie Lindsay and Luke come to visit in 5 days!!!  Can't wait!!!

No comments: