Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day

As my dad always says, Happy Forced Affection Day!  I've never been a fan of this day, whether I was single, dating, or married.  I think your significant other should show you they love you a) more than once a year and b) because they want to and thought to not because a holiday told them to.  Parker learned many years ago not to get me flowers or chocolates on February 14th.  Randomly throughout the year?  Absolutely.  Just not on Valentine's Day.  Enough about that.  THAT BEING SAID, I still want to make it a fun day for my boys.  We had our annual scavenger hunt to find their goody bags...  
 
 
 Jack's stuff...
 Josh's stuff...
 Tyce's stuff...

 10 clues took them all over the house in search of their prizes...








 They were super excited...




Tyce has been asking for a Mickey Mouse calendar for so long...he was SO excited...

Jackson was super excited about this Cowboy poster...

And Josh loved his Redskins one...

The night before Valentine's Day Parker had to work from home because of the snow so we got a sitter and headed out to Ruth's Chris for a yummy steak dinner!  The roads weren't great but traffic was minimal so we cruised down 66 and got there in time for our reservations!  We had a fabulous night...
Parker and his salad and calamari which, by the way, was delicious!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to my hubby...I LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: