Thursday, April 17, 2014

My Trip to Utah

Saturday afternoon Parker dropped the boys and I off at the airport to head to Utah for my new niece's baby blessing! Originally it was just going to be me coming but my mom decided she wanted to see her grandsons so we re arranged the blessing to be during Spring Break and booked tickets for them as well.  The twins were super excited to go.  Tyce was excited to go BUT also VERY sad to miss preschool.  When we were taking off in Dulles he looked out the window and said (in a super sad voice) "BYE preschool, bye Mrs. Blue, bye Luke, Anthony, David, Charlie, and Chelsea (his preschool class).  BYE Brody and Daddy, thanks for working so hard for us so we can go have fun!  Now you can pick your nose in bed and mommy won't get mad!"  Hahahhaha.  
Here they are at the airport...

 On the train...
 Waiting in Chicago during our layover...
The flights went well, uneventful, the boys were angels as always.

At the airport we were greeted by my parents, Michelle and Tegan, and Jason, Linds, Luke, and baby EMMA!!  The boys were beyond thrilled to see Luke...they have a serious obsession with him.  Here they are at the airport...
 We spent that night at my parent's house.  Michelle and Tegan stayed with us as well.  I was SO glad they were able to come out.  Sunday morning it was fun because I laid in bed and both my mom and Michelle came and chatted with me on my bed.  The last time I had both my moms on my bed was after I had the TWINS!

The boys LOVED my parent's Foosball table...

Jackson was super proud of the fort he built out of Lincoln Logs and wanted me to send a picture to daddy...
 Look at these handsome cousins at church!!!!  Mason, Josh, Tyce, Luke, and Jackson...
After the blessing we all headed up to Lehi for lunch at Jason's bakery because Lindsay's house wouldn't fit all the people that came...

Abbi and Tegan...
 These six sure had fun together...
 My sis and my dad, I LOVE my dad's look in this picture...it's so, HIM!!!
 My wonderful second mom, I am so lucky they came out to see us!!!
 My sisters and I...
 My grandparents and mom...seriously, how cute are they?!

 The happy family of FOUR!
 My beautiful little sis who doesn't even LOOK like she just had a baby...
My grandpa, mom, grandma, cousin James, and uncle Darin...

Grandma Morrill and the twins...

 I spent Sunday night at Lindsay's house with THIS precious little girl...
 Luke is so cute, he calls himself "Lootsie" and it cracks me up...

 This is pretty much all I did...
The next day we met up with my parents and the boys, took them to Lowe's Extreme Air Sports (their favorite place ever) then hit In and Out for lunch...(Jack only ever like McDonalds and Taco Bell so he pouts if we go anywhere else)...
That night my grandparents picked me up and we went to The Mandarin for dinner, it's the best Chinese food ever and I've been craving it forever.  It was SO nice to be with them.  I have always been very close with my grandparents and miss them terribly.  We had a nice dinner then headed to the condo to spend the night.  My grandpa got lost and ended up turning the wrong way down a one way and we almost died but other than that it was great!  :)
This was my view as I laid in bed.  They have a condo on the penthouse level with the best view of downtown SLC!  As my grandma says, "how many people can see Angel Moroni when they're in the shower!"
We stayed up until after 1am talking, mainly my grandpa telling me all about their new cemetery plots that have good views, not by the road where it's loud, by a beautiful fountain, and how his casket will be waterproof because he HATES to be cold and wet...you know...all things that really matter when you're DEAD!  Hahaha, my grandparents never cease to entertain me that's for sure!  I also wish they would realize they are immortal and will never die!  

The next day they dropped me off at my other sister's house.  Her and I went out to dinner while my mom watched the kids...

I had a great night with her full of lots and lots of laughing.  The next day we shopped then headed over to my parent's house so I could say goodbye to everyone.  It was really hard to leave not only my FAMILY but also my KIDS!!  I got teary eyed saying goodbye to them, Tyce could've cared less but Josh and Jack gave me extra long hugs.  I know they'll have a blast in Utah but it's still hard to leave them.
While I was at the airport my mom sent me this picture...

Ah it was a fantastic couple of days that flew by!  Now I've got a few hours at home to do laundry, pay bills, and pack again for my weekend away with Parker!  I'm picking him up from work tonight and we're going to drive to New Jersey.  In the morning we'll head to Six Flags and spend the day there.  Saturday morning we'll head to New York City and Sunday we'll drive home.  My dad is flying the boys home on Tuesday so I'll have Monday all to myself at home.  :)  

No comments: