Saturday, August 30, 2014

End of Summer

School starts in three days so here's a look at what we've been up to these last summer days...
 
Slip n slide party at Lori's...



 The boys have spent SO much time riding their bikes this summer...
 One day I even let them ride in the rain...




 About a week ago I had a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist...
The surgery and recovery were much worse than I expected...


The first 48 hours were awful, I was in such pain and could not get comfortable ever.  So thankful for Rebekah and Traci for watching my boys!
I get the splint off in a week then it will take about a month to get full range of motion back.  It has been SO hard functioning with only one hand.  If I try using my hand that was operated on it really gets sore fast.  Everything is just so...hard!  Last night I was trying to make dinner and it took me nearly half an hour to open a can.  I was in tears and so frustrated.  Folding laundry is super hard.  Showers are hard.  Getting ready is hard.  It's just not in my nature to be lazy, inactive, helpless, and pathetic and that is exactly what I am right now.  I'm normally fast paced and independent now I'm slow and dependent!  I hate it. 

Parker took the boys to a Nats game and had dinner on the roof of his office.  Sounds like they had a blast and even got free (adult large) t-shirts!

Tyce learned to tie his shoes!  It took him an hour one night and half hour the next morning and he got it! 


 Ummm...my son is 8 and his feet are almost as big as mine...
COLLEGE FOOTBALL HAS STARTED!!  We love cheering on our Cougars and Ducks and, in honor of the first BYU game of the season and the last weekend before school starts we let the boys stay up late.  Tyce fell asleep during the first quarter, Jack lasted to the third, Josh middle of the fourth...
 Lastly, I had a birthday!  I'm 31 and am a mess! 

Tyce made these sweet cards for me all by himself the morning of my bday while I was sleeping and Parker was at work...notice my cast and boot in this picture...
 "Daddy said you love dolphins and Brody so that's what I drew"...
Hahaha hilarious he drew a cell phone too!  LOVE my Tyce!
 We went to BWW for dinner...
 Parker and the boys got me sunglasses, a hat, a shirt, and a running jacket...
 Can't say it was the best bday ever but, given the circumstances, it was fine.

School starts Tuesday so I'll post pics of that and Back to School night soon. 

P.S. Typing with one hand is hard and slow!!

No comments: