Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Beds, Backpacks, Book of Mormon, and Daddy

For Jackson and Josh's birthday my mom bought them all new bedding.  I bought a nightstand, curtains, and a few décor items and it looks much better now!
 
Before...
 
 

After...


I think it looks as good as a small room with two kids in it can look!  Looking forward to the day they can have their own rooms but, for now, this works!

Since Jackson got new scriptures for his baptism he has been super excited to start reading them.  We started reading a few days ago and our goal is one chapter a night and not to miss any nights.  He is a GREAT reader and seems so interested!  Last night he was saying how he couldn't want to find out if Nephi is able to get the plates from Laban.  I love his interest and his example to me to get my butt in gear also! 
 In the bad news department...this is my new accessory for the next six weeks...
The top of my foot had been hurting for the past 6-9 months.  I ran through it and kept thinking it would get better.  It was sore on my half marathon but it was REALLY sore afterwards.  I took a month off of running and all exercise while I was in Utah, when I came back I went for one five mile run and my foot hurt SO bad after I decided to call the doctor.  I have a navicular stress fracture, sprained ankle in two places, and a piece of bone is detaching from itself.  The doctor could not believe I ran 13 miles with my foot in this condition.  I told him I have a very high pain tolerance when it comes to exercise!  I have to wear the boot at all times except shower and bed for six weeks, if it doesn't heal on it's own I would need surgery.  I am crossing my fingers this works.  The only thing the doctor approved was upper body weight lifting and the stationary bike...UGH!  I hate biking.  I detest biking!  But I will learn to love biking right?!  I also have a cyst on my wrist that I have been needing to get removed and I decided to just do it not since I am down anyway.  So in two weeks I'll go in to get that removed and will be in a splint unable to lift for two weeks.  GOODY!  I am frustrated, sad, depressed, angry, and confused.  I do everything I am supposed to do: exercise, drink lots of water, take vitamins, get good sleep, don't drink, don't smoke, etc etc etc yet my body still disappoints!  I am hoping my foot and wrist heal as expected and I am back up and running (no pun intended) by October. 

On a more positive note...for the past couple years every time Parker walks in the front door the boys get SO excited and run to the top of the stairs and wait to take turns jumping to him, I thought it was time to document it...






They sure love their daddy!

Today we went backpack shopping...


 And got smoothies at Tropical Smoothie...YUM!!!
Can't believe that in a month I'll have a kindergartener and two third graders!!!!  :) 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love the part about them jumping to Parker when he gets home. Boys show love it such physical ways! Prayers for fast healing for your foot injury.