Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Season

Here's what we've been up to...
 
So my insurance approved (and covered 100%!) this electric bone stimulator which, best case scenario, will fuse my broken navicular bone back together!  Super cool.  It has a 65% chance of working.  I use it for 30 minutes every day for six weeks then I will go in for another CT scan to see if it is healed.  Crossing my fingers...
Tyce and I went to the kindergarten bedtime read at his school which he was so excited about (and did NOT want his brothers to join).  He was even more excited when he met up with his favorite girls...
Playing video games with Jakey...
We have this picture hanging on our fridge and the other night at dinner Tyce looks over there, sighs, and says "Leah and Sayah sure are pwetty in that picture."  So sweet how much he loves them.
Anna banana is sure different than her sisters!  She is the first Stathis girl to climb on our art table.  She's also the first to color on walls, tables, climb into my cupboards, and throw her food on the floor.  Typical behavior for an 18 month old, I know.  Just atypical for a Stathis girl!  I sure do love having her here though, she has a super fun personality and really loves her Auntie Jenn.  :)  She's such a cutie...
One night both hubbys were working late so we had dinner together at my house, it was so nice to have company during this time of day!  Monday through Friday I do the whole dinner, showers, bedtime routine by myself so it was fun to have Traci there with me to share in the...joy? that is dinner time  :)

Thursday night I was driving Parker to the airport to go to Oregon and the sunset was beautiful!!!  It almost the traffic bearable! 

Parker enjoyed his time in Oregon and sent me pictures to make me thoroughly jealous... 
He stayed with Jackie and Tyler for two nights and had a really good time.  Here they are at VooDoo Donuts...

They went to the town parade...

 AND he brought me back some Tillamook cheese!!!!  Yay!!!
I have been working with Tyce on reading by himself, it's a tough transition because for five years WE'VE read to HIM or at least WITH him!  I told him I will read him one book then he reads one on his own.  The first night was a disaster, he was reading loud which annoyed Jackson and they got in a huge fight that ended in tears.  Since then, Tyce has learned to read quietly and Jack has become more tolerant, he is doing great!  He is an amazing reader and I'm so proud of him!
Traci had us over one night for dinner and a movie...


Basketball season has started!!!  This is Tyce's first year playing and it's a 4-5 age division.  Neither Parker nor I had unrealistic expectations of how he would do, we've seen him attempt to dribble and we've seen him run.  BUT...I wanted to give him the chance to learn the basics, make friends, and have fun.  His first practice went well, his coach is very nice and he likes his team.  We are probably not watching the next Michael Jordan but he is stinkin adorable and having fun and that's worth the time and money to me!


The twins started also, they are playing in the 8-9 division.  I forgot to take pictures of them but there will be lots to come throughout the season!

Just some random pics...

Playing Connect Four in my bed Sunday morning...
Brody begging for bacon...

Josh's sign that he did all on his own for when Parker came home...
Tyce also did one...
Yesterday we did our 4th annual Morrill/Stathis Christmas gift exchange!  They are going to Utah for Christmas so we did it a little early.  They drew names and bought each other a gift.  Before they open their gift they have to say something nice about the person they bought for.  Josh said he likes Anna because she's cute and little.  Tyce said he likes Sarah because she's pretty.  Jack said he likes to annoy Leah, such a punk! 

Paw Patrol car...

 Bead set...
 Magic set...
Wooden ABC blocks on a little wagon (blocks currently being played with by the other kids)...
 A glider set...
And I forgot to get a picture of Sarah!  She got a My Little Pony camera, flashlight, and binoculars.  I love that we do our swap and I love how much the kids look forward to it.

This week's agenda is gingerbread houses, Bull Run Lights Festival, cookies, caroling, and wrapping all the presents.  :)

No comments: