Friday, February 13, 2015

Update

Here's a look at what we've been up to these past few weeks...
 
Cirros Pizza with Jake and Kimberly...
We decided to take advantage of the BEAUTIFUL 50 degree weather on Saturday and go on a family hike, it was a magical day for me  (despite my foot pain).  With the scenery, weather, holding hands and talking to my amazing husband, and watching my adorable boys play SO cute together using their imagination as they run wild through Prince William Forest...I just was overwhelmed with a sense of gratitude for my life.  Here are some pics...












Our hike ended just as the sun was setting...pictures do not do it justice, it was breathtaking...

Tyce thought he could walk on ice and, of course, fell in.  He had wet cold socks and shoes for at least two miles and didn't complain once, I was so proud of him.  After our hike the twins wanted to play on the playground for a few minutes so I decided to attempt to warm up Tyce's feet with my gloves.  He thought it was hysterical and could not stop laughing at his feet...
The other morning I woke up to this conversation between Josh and Tyce: "EW, mommy is right...this bathroom IS disgusting! We should clean it for her. She's right, we SHOULD watch where our pee goes!" Hahaha. They used a million clorox wipes but the bathroom was sparkling!  So proud of them and hope they DO start watching where their pee goes!!!


I have been subbing third grade a lot and always end up  being able to have lunch with Josh.  His friends, Kevin, Roberto, and Joshua LOVE coming to sit with us, they all give me big hugs and tell me how pretty and cool I am.  :)  I also hear from them, teachers, guidance counselors, and the janitor how Josh is so thoughtful of other people and has been especially welcoming to Billy, the new kid in his class.  He is also the "funniest kid in class," while also being one of the most well behaved kids in the class!  I love Joshy and feel so blessed he is my son!  The other day he came home from school and said, "mommy, the kids in my class tease Jayden cuz he likes Mercedes but, I mean, I love my mommy so much and you're a girl...it's like the same thing...and everyone loves their mom!  So they really shouldn't make fun of him."  Hahaha, love his reasoning.  :) 
We had an early Valentine's Day celebration last night with our dear friends Troy and Denise, it was yummy and we had a great time...
I got the boys a checkerboard and they loved it.  They played for over two hours but, of course, it wasn't just checkers.  It was somehow war with bad guys, good guys, weapons, and strategy.  Love listening to them interact, brothers are the best...
We had to keep kicking Brody off...he tried eight times before finally giving up...
Tyce has been very much looking forward to his class Valentine exchange, he of course had to pick out the BFF one to give to LEAH because..."well, you know...she IS my BFF and always will be!"  So sweet...
I am looking forward to getting my stupid foot surgery over and done with.  It's next Tuesday and my dad is coming out Wednesday so I am looking forward to seeing him and spending some much needed time together, just me and my daddy on the couch while I recover and he takes care of me.  :)

No comments: