Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Update

Here's what we've been up to this month...

We had a much needed family movie night!  Things have been busy but we really needed some family snuggle time so we found a free night and watched The Good Dinosaur, ate popcorn, and cuddled on the cozy sectional...


Brody loved the movie...
Jackson and Josh had to do a historical figures project for Social Studies and then be part of a live museum for the other kids in the school to come by and ask questions.  I wasn't there for Jackson's but his teacher emailed me some pictures.  Here is Chief Powhatan...

And here is James Madison...

I was lucky enough to be subbing the day Josh's class did their Live Museum so I came down and took some pics.  He did great, he was very nervous about remembering all his facts but he ended up having fun and doing awesome!  He got 100% on his project so he was happy.  Apparently a couple groups of girls kept coming over to him and flirting with him, hahaha.  I also heard from a few friends that all these girls have a crush on him after seeing him there.  Hilarious.

Parker took the boys to DC to go to the Spy Museum by his work.  They have been wanting to go for so long so we finally made it happen.  Here are the pics he sent me..




Apparently they had this bar that you had to hold on for 60 seconds while there was wind blowing at you and what not.  Jackson went first and held on for about 30 something seconds.  Josh went second and held on for 60.  You bet Jackson got back on and beat Josh.  That kid is SO competitive and has to much determination!  His arms and hands must have been so tired from already doing it but he LOVES to win and HATES to lose!  Luckily Josh doesn't care either way so they usually get along really well!




Then he took them to a Nationals game which ended up being SIXTEEN innings and over six hours long!!!  They hung in there because they a) wanted to see their Nats win and b) wanted to run the bases!  They had a fun day with their daddy!






I gladly cheered  them on from home  :)  

Cute pic of Tyce and Brody...
JACKSON GOT BRACES!!!  Poor kid will need two rounds of braces to fix his mouth/teeth so round one starts now!  I think he looks adorable in them and so much older!!!

He was so excited I got him a LARGE frosty after his appointment!  Wendy's vanilla frosties are his fav treat...
Cute Joshy at baseball practice...


Gorgeous night at the fields...
Brody and I relaxing after my nine mile run...I love our deck and LOVE the green behind us...
I open my fridge to see Josh's water bottle covered in dirt and grass from soccer.  Does he rinse it off?  Put it in the sink?  Nope, sticks it back in the fridge!  Haha, SO Josh...
Brody and Parker hanging out on the couch...
This is what life with active boys looks like pretty much every day.  I love that my kids play outside, I really do.  But my laundry is out of control with these boys!!!
Saturday Parker asked if he could join me for my 8 mile run.  He said he just wanted to run 6 then he'd head back.  We got running and Parker wanted to go off on some trails before we headed to my regular route.  In the end our route ended up being TEN miles!!!!  I was so happy and felt so good! Parker, on the other hand, not so much.  He hung in there and did pretty good.  He had to stop and walk sometimes but still very impressive considering the poor guy sits at a desk 12 hours a day!  It was one of my best runs but we'll see if I can convince him to join me ever again!  :)
Josh had THREE goals in the first half of his soccer game on Saturday!  Then the coach put him as defender, haha.  He played awesome and was so excited!  They won 4 to 0...
Jackson and Josh went to an over night birthday party Saturday night at a hotel!  They had a great time playing basketball, swimming, and hanging out with their friends.  Jack and Josh didn't go to bed until THREE AM so Sunday was a rough day.  The mom sent me this picture from the party...
So Tyce got a special night with mommy and daddy!  Immediately after finding this out he made a list of things he wanted to do with us...so stinkin cute...
Of course he chose Pizza Hut for dinner...

We played lots of games...
Which I won...

We read lots of books...
And he even got a Slurpee...
We also went for a bike ride where Tyce "conquered his fears" of riding his bike down the big grass hill and riding it down the stairs!  He was LOVING having us all to himself for the night!!!  He stayed up until almost 10 which is very late for him, then he and Brody crashed.
Last night since baseball was cancelled we decided to have family game night...

Tyce sleeps in the WEIRDEST positions sometimes!!!

Love that my almost ten year old still sleeps with his stuffed animals...
We had a crazy storm last night that brought in crazy huge hail!  It went from 83 and sunny to thunder, lightening, rain, hail, wind, and cold!

No comments: