Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Update

It is getting SO beautiful here in Virginia, so so so green!  I love looking out my back windows and sitting on the deck because all you can see is green trees, Jenn's favorite scenery!  

May 2nd was the year mark of when my sweet Grandpa passed away.  Tyce came home from school with this book I Have Four Names for My Grandfather.  He said the librarian told him to start reading it there but he said no because it will make me cry.  So sensitive that boy!  It was a hard day for me, I miss him so much.  I called my parents in tears and they played a voice message they had saved on their answering machine from him for me and hearing his voice gave me such comfort and peace.
I am beyond sick of pee on the floor all around the toilet so I am trying a new method...so far it's worked pretty well!  The goal is to keep the paper signs DRY!!!  
Josh reading to Brody...
Tyce wrote this all by himself for Mrs. Johnson...
My boys sure love their cousin Luke and they love to do video chat.  The other day Josh and Luke had a gun fight over video chat, hilarious...

These boys love their ribs...
Mother's Day!!!  My favorite day of the year!  My boys pampered and loved on me which was all I wanted!!  They brought me breakfast and homemade gifts in bed...








Loved Jackson's, Magic Fairy (that's what I call myself), Opposite of Fat, Ran 13 miles...so thoughtful!!!











And my wonderful hubby got me CAKE POPS and the sweetest card ever.  :)
I am so grateful for my own mom and mother in law and feel SO blessed to have them in my life and...soon to be CLOSER!!!!  :)

Neon day at school...
Hat day at school...
I got some basketball action shots from the rec center photographer, here are a few of my favs...










Wrestling with daddy, wonder how much longer he'll be able to pin them both...


I couldn't find Brody until I finally noticed his little black ears poking up...
The life of a cat...
 Tyce's cute art work...
 Traci and I had a fun girl's night out...
We had a gift card and some Christmas money from our fabulous parents so we decided to head down to Massanutten for two nights!  We stopped at Chili's for dinner which Tyce calls Chills...

The boys were excited about our suite and asked me to take a pic of them in their favorite area...


Family selfie!!
This is NOT my favorite area but I sure spend a lot of time in it!!

Breakfast time...
Then we headed to the rec center to play racquetball, basketball, swim, ping pong, etc.  Jackson cried because he lost, Tyce got hit in the face, and I got hit in the leg...typical day for us...




Then we had lunch and headed to the indoor water park!  Tyce was a wuss at first but then decided to try the big rides and, of course, he loved them and kept doing them the rest of the day.  So proud of him!























It was absolutely GORGEOUS there!!!  Everywhere you look gorgeous green rolling hills...


 We never give our boys money for arcade games but since we got some from our parents we decided to splurge and give them each $15, haha, they were SO excited and appreciative which was cute...



Of course Josh hit the jackpot and got tons of tickets.  Here he is with all his loot...


SO cute Tyce spent some of his hard earned tickets on a RING for me!!!  It's too big for my pinky and too small for the rest of my fingers but I've got to find a way to wear it sometimes because it was so sweet of him!!!
Dinner at Golden Corral, not my fav but the boys were thrilled.  Here's Tyce's plate, mac and cheese and three desserts...none of which he ate...


Before bed we played family games.  Tyce is getting really good at Rummikub and loves playing it! Smart boy does really well!  Poor Josh started feeling sick so he ended up going to bed early...
Jackson chose his favorite game, Scrambled States of America...
They slept good and slept in!  Woo hoo!

Before we headed out the next morning we went and played at a few parks...


Parker and I went for a short walk and come back and look who is on TOP of the playset?!  
They had this cool exercise station and Jackson rocked all of them.  That kid is strong and determined!!!
On the way home we drove through the Shenandoah National Forest...it was really pretty...
We came home, unpacked, started laundry, and got ready for FAMILY PICTURES!!!  I've been stressed about the weather, what to wear, etc but in the end everything went great and I'm super excited to see them in a few weeks when Denise is done.  We decided to bring Brody and get him in a few pics.  He was uber cooperative and loved the car ride...


Here's what I wore for family pictures...
Lots coming up---Parker leaves in 6 days to move to Utah and start his new job!!!  Also, in a week I'll fly out and Parker and I are going to Jackson Hole for his new firm's company retreat.  Should be a good chance to meet and get to know people!  My wonderful mother in law is flying out to watch the boys for us which will make things much easier!!!

No comments: