Tuesday, September 5, 2017

End of Summer, Birthdays, First Day of School!

Summer is over (well, except the blazing heat THAT is still lingering!) and we are back to real life, for the most part.  Here's the rest of August...

One night the boys were supposed to be in bed and I go to check on them and here's Josh, who thought he was pretty funny stuffing his shirt with all his stuffed animals...

And here's Tyce, "what mommy?  I'm just studying my multiplication so I can be ready for 3rd grade!"  Hard to get mad at him after that!  This smarty pants knows all his multiplication facts through 12!
Tyce had his first pack meeting, he is loving scouts...
After the meeting they went to play water games in the field next door.  Tyce had packed his speedo (even though I tried to convince him to bring his regular swim suit).  However, after the meeting we could tell that most of the boys were just going to play in their clothes because they weren't going to get super wet.  I tried to convince Tyce that he did NOT need to put on his speedo, and that he'd be the only one a) in a swim suit and b) in a SPEEDO, but...he was dead set on wearing it.  So see him on the far right running over in his speedo?  Hahaha.  I LOVE that this kid doesn't care what other people think and is totally just his own individual.  I hope that never goes away!
Speaking of Tyce, he tried really really hard to learn a flip on the tramp and, to reward  him for his efforts and success, Parker let them sleep on the tramp one night.  Surprisingly they slept in!
We had Linds, Jason, and the kiddos over for pizza and to hang out.  We were sitting there chatting and in walks these two cuties!
We spent a day at Lagoon as a family which was SO fun!  I didn't get many pictures though, which is very unlike me!






So Tyce has always been my more "cautious" child and usually sits out while the rest of us do the crazy rides.  This time I told Tyce he has to go on ONE upside down roller coaster.  Well, as you can see from the picture...it was dark and late and the park was about to close so I promised him a new beanie boo (his obsession) if he rode it.  The first time he said he would go he chickened out and sat out.  The second time...he did it!  He was so nervous and kept saying "I'm scared mommy I'm scared."  I told him it was ok to be scared but NOT ok to not DO something because of that fear.  He was white knuckled as the coaster climbed to the top but then as soon as it started going he was smiling and screaming WOO HOO!  When it was over he pumped his fists in the air and said "well now I feel stupid because that was SO fun mommy!"  I am very proud of him for overcoming his fear.  Here's to hoping he will keep it up because we are a family of daredevils and hate to leave him out!
What mom?  Do you need your sink?
Back to school night!
Tyce has Mr. Conner...


The twins have Mrs. Bailey...
Our family tradition of root beer floats the night before the first day of school...
And the first day of school pics!



Tyce, always running to the bus stop because he eats SO slow!
BEAUTIFUL sky as they head off to their first day...
I snuck back into bed for an hour before getting ready for work and this guy made it hard for me to get back out...
Oh, and her too...
Tyce and Bridger spent hours working on this fort in the basement.  Have I mentioned lately how GRATEFUL I am for a basement?!  Even though it's mostly unfinished it's SO nice to have a space where they can do this and I don't have to see it...

The 25th was Brody's 14th birthday!  This cat has used WAY more than his nine lives and is truly truly unique.  Here's hoping we have many more years with him!
This was our first Christmas together when Parker surprised me with him...
Kesti and I took all the boys to Lowe's then braved Chuck-a-Rama with them...
Tyce's dinner...jello and croutons...
Josh's three desserts...
Parker and I thoroughly enjoyed last Saturday morning because it was our last one without sports for a very long time.  We were super lazy and cuddled in bed for HOURS!  Something we haven't done since before we had kids!  The boys only came in once and that was to show us their cool guns they had made...
Oh, and this guy joined us too...
Parker has the twins mowing the lawn every Saturday and for some reason I just love it!  They are so cute out there and I love seeing them help out...
Sweet Kesti took me to dinner for my birthday and I FORGOT to get a pic of her and I, bummer, but I DID get a pic of my yummy dessert!  Sorry Kesti, you lost out to a cheesecake!  It was a yummy and fabulous dinner though, I am beyond grateful to have met her!
Josh wanted me to take a picture of his gun "in case it breaks, then I can rebuild it easier," smart kid!
Josh saw this ice cream at the store and HAD to have it!  I said no, so he used his own money to buy it and thoroughly enjoyed every single bite...
Jackson and his Pluto collection...
Jackson "selling" his junk to Tyce.  Poor Tyce got suckered into some things but he needs to learn for himself!
I was folding laundry in my room and in walks Jackson, making Indian sounds, wearing THIS...

I died laughing it was hilarious...
Then his brothers dared him to run around the house outside with it on (keep in mind, he has no underwear on!)...
Speaking of Jackson, he was playing with the neighbor girls and they decided to put make up on him!  When I was helping him wash it off I asked him why he did it, he said "well you told me to always do all I can do to make a girl happy and, I didn't want to crush their dreams!"  Hahaha, love this kid...
I turned 34 years old on Monday!  My sweet Grandma took Parker and I to breakfast before work...
Then that night we went out with Lindsay and Jason for dinner...
Then home for cake and presents with my boys!




Tyce gave me three of his most special rocks, what a lucky mom I am!



When I went to get into bed that night I saw that Tyce had pulled my sheets and blanket down like I always do for him...
Parker got me some gorgeous earrings that I decided to return due to the pricey price tag BUT at least I have a picture of them to remember them.  :(  Parker was super sweet and did all he could to make me feel special on my birthday, such a lucky girl to have him as my hubby!
The twins had to do a "me museum" at school where they picked out five items that described them and had to write note cards about each one.  I didn't get a pic of the items but Jackson's descriptions cracked me up...
Here's Josh's...
Back to the doctor with this kid!  He had a mole the doctor was worried about so they removed it...
Bahahaha, I've seen super fat cats sit like this before but I've NEVER seen Brody sit like this!  Cracked me up...

No comments: