Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Boys go to Oregon!!!

My wonderful parents offered to take my boys to Oregon for Spring Break!  They also decided to bring two of Lindsay's, Luke and Emma.  I drove them to Boise last Sunday, we spent the night at Tara's and the kids all had a great time together (I forgot to get any pics!  So unlike me!).  Monday morning I met my mom at my aunt Ruby's house and gave her all the kiddos!  I so wish I could have joined them but I had to work, bummer.  Anyway, here's a look at their week of fun....

Skate park...

 Old fashioned merry go round...

 Home playing games...
 Reptile store!








 More park fun...


 They spent SO much time swimming...






 




 
 Bowling!


 Bottle return!  The boys were so excited to see where all the soda cans we save for Grandpa go! 
Bumper cars...

 
 Tyce was so cute helping Emma...


 Pizza!
 More swimming...

Hiking Smith Rock...

 LOVE this pic!  Wish the other cousins could have come but they were with their dad who is less than cooperative when it comes to things like this.  But these five had so much fun together...


  Grandma looks like one of the kids! 






 Emma was such a trooper keeping up with the boys (not to mention being spoiled rotten by my boys, they ADORE her and literally do whatever she wants)...

Picnic lunch...
 ICE CREAM BEFORE DINNER!!  Something my mom would NEVER have allowed us to do...but as a grandma...sure why not?!  The other big news is Tyce, who has never ever liked ice cream, discovered he likes rainbow sherbet!  Yay! 
 Smores! 




Sunday my awesome dad drove all the kiddos all the way back to Utah!  Stopped for lunch that grandma had packed for them...
Then stopped at Wendy's for dinner...
They got home about 10pm and NONE of them were happy to be home!  They hugged me and I know they missed me but all said they wanted "at least one more week in Oregon."  I am so grateful that my boys have so many opportunities to build stronger relationships with grandparents and cousins.  How many almost 13 year old boys are so close to their 5 year old girl cousin?  Luke and Tyce are two peas in a pod.  I just love it...THIS is why we moved here.  Thanks to my amazing parents for making this happen!  Love you both!  Now..back to life as a mom...but only for a week then we're OFF TO PALM DESERT FOR A WEEK and the boys get to spend a week with their OTHER awesome grandparents!!!

No comments: