Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Jenn Goes to Biloxi and New Orleans

Thursday afternoon I flew out to visit my friend Tara.  She's living there for a year and we thought it'd be a great chance to get together and for me to see a different part of the country!  I'd never been down south except for Florida so I was excited!  Oh and did I mention I had no kids?!  I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty excited for some alone time. 
 
Here I am when Traci dropped me off at the airport, I did get teary eyed saying goodbye to my boys...
 
Ok, so I fell in love with this kid in about 10 minutes.  This is Sawyer, Tara's 2 month old boy, and he is precious.  Pictures don't do him justice.  He is so cute and SO mild mannered!  He never cries, just chills, coos, and smiles. 
 Tara and I....best friends for 25 years...
The Biloxi Beach is about two blocks from their house, it was gorgeous.  We sat on beach chairs, buried our toes in the sand, chatted, and life was great...

Saturday morning they took me to a YUMMY donut shop (and by yummy I mean line out the door at opening time yummy) in Gulfport.  We took them to a park to eat so the kids could run around...
 Then I had to say goodbye to his precious guy, so sad...
Saturday afternoon Tara and I headed to New Orleans for the night!  Last time the two of us were alone in a big city was when we were 14 and went to DC (little did I know I'd end up living there!) and her dad left us alone all day...needless to say we got very lost and he got very worried.  Anyways, we did great and had fun... 



After touring around we went out to a yummy dinner and then headed to the hotel.  We felt like old fogies, all we wanted to do was hot tub, play games, eat snacks, and go to bed early.  So that's what we did!  It ended up being a hilarious night though, I was crying laughing and I haven't done that in a long time!  Tara never ceases to entertain me.  We have been friends for so long (our parents all went to high school together) and yet have only ever lived in the same state for two years.  Whenever we see each other it's as if no time has passed.  She knows me in ways no one else does and for her unconditional loving friendship I am so grateful.  Thanks for a fantastic weekend Tara!  T.P.  :)

Oh, by the way, my flight left at 6am on Sunday, I flew to Denver (yes opposite direction), sat there for 2.5 hours, then finally flew home where I was greeted by the cutest boys ever!  I was happy to be home but sure enjoyed the break! 

No comments: