Sunday, March 17, 2013

Basketball is Over!

Saturday the twins played in their last basketball game of the season.  They finished the season 0-11!  Yep, they lost every single game!  They didn't have a coach at the beginning to draft players so we ended up getting all the shorter younger kids.  Every team we played had at least four or five players significantly taller than Jackson (the tallest on our team).  The other teams also had a couple 8 year olds, we had one 7 year old and the rest were all 6 year olds.  So it was frustrating because I didn't feel like it was fair to begin with but...as my dad always says...life is not fair!  Jackson and Josh didn't seem to care much that they lost.  They had fun and got lots of playing time so that made them happy.  Here are some pics from the end of the season party...
 
Nikolas, Jackson, and Jahan enjoying their pizza...
 Jackson getting his trophy...
Josh was super excited about his.  He said "mommy we get trophies even though we lost?"  I told him, "yes you do at this age but not in real life!" 
 Josh, Tyce, and Keandre...
 Team picture...
 Basketball trophies with their names on it, what more could these boys want?!
I'm sad to see the season come to an end.  I love watching them play and I really enjoyed chatting with some of the other moms on the team.  It was also something to keep us busy when Parker is working so much.  But we won't be bored for long because t-ball starts in April!  Ah, my least favorite sport but I do enjoy watching THEM play!  The things we do for our kids!  :) 

No comments: