Sunday, November 16, 2014

Josh The All Star

Josh has been practicing the last three weeks with his NVSC (Northern Virginia Soccer Club) U9 all star team.  It was rough for him at first because he didn't know anybody and he is quite shy.  Eventually he became more comfortable and really enjoyed himself.  He loves soccer and looked forward to all the practices...
 
This was a beautiful day for practice..


I don't have pictures of the most recent three practices because it was dark, freezing, rainy, and windy soooo...Jack, Tyce, and I watched from the car.  :)  Josh didn't mind one bit though, he thought it was fun.

This weekend was his all-star tournament in Herndon.  It was his first tournament and he really enjoyed playing game after game after game.   It was 29 degrees when we got there and we were pretty dang cold!  Here's his very supportive brothers...
There's my adorable mid-fielder!!!
His whole team...
 



Jackson and Tyce were seriously amazing.  It could have been a long boring day for them but they just made their own fun and Parker and I rarely even saw them.  Jack took Tyce potty three times without us even knowing, such a good brother.  These two really have fun together, sometimes I think they should've been the twins!  Here they are playing tic tac toe in the dirt...
Joshy being silly...
Josh was one of the captains for the last game...
 I was too into the games to take many pics but here's one...
 Coming in for the team cheer...
Saturday was fun, all the parents brought stuff so we had a tailgate/potluck thing going on.  It was fun getting to know the parents better and chatting.  We lost two games and won two games which placed us in 7th out of 14 which was a total bummer because they did two divisions for the finals on Sunday, 1st-7th and 8th-14th.  So we were at the bottom of the higher division.  
 
Josh crashed that night and Brody snuggled him... 
 Sunday was single elimination, seriously could this boy's dimples be any cuter?!

 
We played the #2 team and lost, 3-1.  The boys were very very disappointed, many tears were shed.  I was shocked that Josh cried because he's not usually an overly emotional kid and he's also never ever cried about losing anything.  He kept hugging me and I asked him why he was crying and he said it wasn't because they lost but because soccer was over. I cannot believe how much he grew to love soccer this season!  I am very proud of him and I really enjoy watching him play. 

Now I get to clean the soccer crap out of my car and get ready for BASKETBALL SEASON!  We have a three week break until that starts and we will enjoy it thoroughly.  :)

No comments: