Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Girls Camp and The Boys First Week in Utah!

This was my 4th year at Girl's Camp and, as always, it did not cease to entertain!!!  We had a huge storm and all the YCL's tents got blown over/broken and filled with water.  Melissa and I headed to a ghetto Laundromat and dried sleeping bags, pillows, and blankets until it closed.  It's probably one of those "had to be there" experiences but I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time!  The smell of the place was nauseating, the ghetto workers flirting with us was hysterical, and the fact that you can only do 5 minutes at a time on each machine made it EXHAUSTING!  We could either cry or laugh and we LAUGHED!!!  And took some pics to document the fun...


Here's our wonderful Stake YW Presidency...of course the one day I wasn't wearing my camp shirt!  I feel so blessed to have been able to serve with these amazing ladies the past four years.  I have learned so much from each of them and have built some great friendships!!! 
Parker and I were asked to chaperone the 4th year High Adventure where we headed to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia to do some white water rafting and go to the Adventure Park!  Friday was fun, the rafting was fun except that I fell out!  Me and the guide both fell out backwards on a rapid.  Surprisingly I have no battle wounds!  We had dinner at the campsite, had a fireside, then made smores and went to bed.  When we woke up it was pouring rain and windy so we packed up camp and hung out at this indoor rec center the campground had.  We had planned on going to a fun Adventure Park but they canceled due to weather.  It was a bummer but hopefully we can go back again!  I didn't get many pics but here's one of Austyn and I in our cool ponchos!
The sky looked so cool after the storm...



Now on to the CUTE pics!!!  My boys spent a week in Daybreak with my family and, of course, were thoroughly spoiled and had a great time.  Here are some of the pics they sent me throughout the week...










 






On Saturday Michelle came to pick them up and now they get a week at Morrills!!!  SPOILED BOYS!!!  I am starting to miss them and am looking forward to seeing them in Oregon in less than a week!!! 

No comments: