Friday, June 3, 2016

Weekend in Jackson Hole Wyoming!

So Parker's new job has a firm retreat for all the attorneys every year in Jackson Hole Wyoming over Memorial Day weekend.  This year, even though Parker didn't start working there until June 1st, they invited him and I out to join them!  My wonderful mother in law flew out to watch my boys (I'll do another post on all the fun they had) and I flew out to SLC on Thursday!  We stayed with my grandma that night at her condo where the beautiful view never gets old...


Friday after she fed us a yummy breakfast we got on the road!

I ate terrible all weekend and started out with mini Twix...
And a diet coke...
While Parker ate an apple...
I had never been to Wyoming and was AMAZED at how beautiful the entire drive was!  Pictures don't do it justice...







We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort which was absolutely amazing!  The service was incredible, everyone was so friendly and accommodating, and the place was beautiful.  The pool had three hot tubs and towel warmers!!!








The bed was the most comfy bed we have ever been in!!!

My wonderful grandma got us a pound of See's candies and we enjoyed sitting on the world's most comfy bed eating the world's most delicious chocolates!
Saturday morning Parker had work meetings so I slept in, went to the gym, ordered breakfast, then took a long hot shower and RELAXED...
The one disappointment of the weekend...look how burned and gross my $19 pancakes were!  Luckily I had brought bananas and protein bars so I ate those instead...
We joined some of his new coworkers for lunch at a place called Dornan's in the middle of the Grand Teton National Forest, it was breath taking sitting outside eating with this view!  Love it because it's green AND mountainous!  




After lunch we hiked Jenny Lake which was a beautiful 8 mile hike...











 Sunday we were super super sad to have to leave!!

We went to The Virginian for breakfast which was yummy and the place had a lot of character...including this guy...
Think my pancakes are big enough???

Then we went shopping and explored downtown Jackson a little bit...


Then we headed back to Utah!  We stopped by our old apartment in Ogden from when we were first married, almost 13 years ago!  It looks exactly the same!


After doing some appliance shopping for the new house we had dinner at our old favorite steak house!  Disappointingly, they no longer brew their own cream soda...but the waitress made it up to us by giving us each a free dessert!  
When I came home the boys were very excited to see me, they had balloons and streamers up plus a welcome home mommy sign.  They also had made a scavenger hunt for me which led me to the fridge where there was SUPPOSED to be a cheesecake but they ran out of time to make it!  Hahaha!  So cute and thoughtful of them though!   We got them each a lasso rope, new socks, and a postcard...


Ah it was such a perfect weekend and such perfect timing!  It was so nice to be able to relax and spend time together before we go our separate ways and become crazy busy, me packing and dealing with the kids and him at his new job and getting the house and yard ready for us to move in.  I thoroughly enjoyed every second I spent with Parker and I feel like I fell in love with him all over again.  I also enjoyed getting to know his co workers, they were all so nice and I feel like this will be a good firm for Parker.  Also it's exciting to know we get to do this trip every year!  All expenses paid!  We haven't decided if we'll bring the boys next time or not, we sure enjoyed the relaxation and time alone!

No comments: