Tuesday, August 8, 2017

McCall 2017-Part 1

Sunday we headed out for our annual trip to McCall, Idaho!  We have been very much looking forward to this trip with our family and it came at a perfect time!  

Here we are getting ready for the seven hour drive!  Luckily my boys travel awesome, no whines or fights or anything.  They just watch movies and drink water!  


We stopped in the middle of nowhere so Jack could pee and he saw a barbed wire fence!  He said "no barbed wire fence will ever get the best of ME again!"
We got there in the evening and THIS beauty is our view for the entire week...
For most meals the kiddos all ate outside on the deck which was super nice.  Tyce and Luke were attached at the hip the entire week, only separating for showers and bathroom trips.  Even then Luke would stand outside the bathroom waiting for Tyce to finish.  They play so cute together and didn't have one argument the entire week!  
The people that stayed at our house before us left some clothes behind...Parker thought this would fit him perfectly...
My goal was to exercise every morning and I did it!  I ran most mornings and biked a few.  I loved the cooler temps, shaded trails, and gorgeous scenery on my runs...
Josh loved knee boarding, wake boarding, and tubing...
This little girl was an ANGEL the whole week!  I probably heard her cry five times the entire week and that was because she was cold getting bathed in the tub.  I was able to spend lots of time holding her which I loved.  She is such a sweetheart!  
Kiddos playing in the water...



 Josh is so cute with the little cousins, especially Emma.  He is so patient, loving, tender, and fun when he plays with her.  Here he is helping her climb onto the rock then jump to him...


My sister's boyfriend Tim brought this awesome inflatable that the kids and adults thoroughly enjoyed all week...

Linds and Abbi pumping up the tubes...
Our beautiful house...
And the beautiful Payette Lake...

Josh swimming with Emma...
This was the first year we've had a three person tube and it was a HIT!  Everyone loved it and it got HOURS of use!  

Abbi and Emma floating around...
 Me and my sisters went for a crazy ride!  I flipped out and drank half the lake but other than that it was a blast!  Us three tubing together is one of the things I look forward to the most each year because we're suddenly little girls again with our daddy giving us a crazy tube ride...

My grandma and great aunt Ruby came this year which was wonderful.  They don't love sun or water so they mostly stayed inside or on the deck but always joined in for games at nights...
Tyce tried knee boarding, which he did last year no problem, but it didn't go so well this time and after three tries he was in tears and gave up.  Frustrating!  Maybe next year...
Abbi and Lindsay braided my hair one night...
Abbi and I were always fighting over holding baby Audrey...
Tyce turned 8 in McCall!  We had a little party for him Monday night...







Josh knee boarding!  Him and Livi loved to go together and switch sides, switch ropes, and do 360s.  
We stopped at the McCall Store and the boys used their own money to buy stuffed animals...



SMORES!  






Wednesday morning Parker, Jackson, and I decided to ride the 19 mile loop all the way around the lake.  It was absolutely gorgeous and, for the most part, not too challenging.  There was one very long very steep hill that I didn't think I'd make it up but...I did!!!  

One of my favorite spots...



We saw this guy on our ride...

Post bike ride!  
My parents surprised us all this year by renting two jet skis!  The twins LOVED driving them and both mentioned that "this is the best day of my life!"





The blondies playing in the water...
Emma and grandpa eating chips on the deck...
Josh's crazy post jet ski ride hair...
We played games every night, one of our favorites was the sound game.  Someone in the middle spins around with their eyes closed then points to someone and says "make the sound of" and then whatever they want.  The person then makes the sound and the person in the middle has to guess who it is.  It sounds dumb but it is HYSTERICAL!  
My grandma was a HOOT with her sounds!  One of the times she was in the middle she pointed at Parker and said "make the sound of a North Korea missile launching" so Parker jumped up and made a loud sound right next to my grandma (who's eyes were closed) and scared the heck out of her.  She was, as always, such a good sport and had all of us rolling on the ground laughing.
 I just love how much fun my family has together...
That's half of the week!!!  Part 2 to come soon!

No comments: