Friday, July 5, 2019

Twins Turn 13!

My twins, my sweet precious little twins are TEENAGERS!!!  They woke up to balloons in their room and breakfast in bed, almond poppyseed muffins were their request...


 They had a friend party first and they chose the Classic Fun Center...














 Then home to open their presents from us...

 Tetherball!

 Giant Jenga!
Then about a week later we had their family party.  It was a bit windy so we stuck the kiddos in the garage to eat instead of the deck and it worked great!  I love having a big garage!
Missing a few family members but grateful for those that came...
 Water balloon fun...




 I bought one of those wubble bubble things which was WAY cool, until it popped, after like five minutes...

 Presents...










 Cake...


 Then outside to play basketball and kan jam!

Sweet Christine bought tickets to take the boys to the Bee's game and fireworks...
Sounds like they had a great time!

It sounds so cliche but I really can't believe my babies are 13.  The time has FLOWN by and I almost feel a sense of panic that they will be moving out in like 5 years...no way.  

A little bit about Jackson as a 13 year old...he is super tall (almost 5'8") and very strong.  He also has huge feet, size 10!  He loves basketball and football.  He isn't a big fan of school but gets A's and B's because he is naturally smart.  He is super forgetful and disorganized when it comes to his schoolwork so he frequently has missing assignments which has been a battle we've been fighting all year.  He has a good group of friends that live in our neighborhood and loves to be hanging out and social.  He gives the BEST hugs and I am loving his deep voice and big strong arms around me.  He always makes me feel loved.  He hates tacos, long talks, and 40 crows.  He loves vanilla ice cream, steak, lasagna, and golden oreos.  Jackson is a total saver with his money and very rarely spends it.  Jackson is very competitive and can be hard on himself when he's not happy with his performance, especially in sports.  He is a total daddy's boy, he adores Parker I love him so much, am so proud of him, and look forward to seeing what he does in life.  

Josh, my sweet Josh.  Josh is so stinkin handsome and I am frequently getting comments on it.  His dimples, his big brown eyes, his trendy way of dressing...he's just the cutest.  He is average height and also pretty strong.  He loves basketball and football and no longer plays soccer which is a bummer for me because I loved watching him play and he was good!  He does well in school, mostly A's with one B this year.  He is smart and very organized.  I rarely have to remind Josh to do his work or turn in his work which is such a blessing since keeping up with Jackson's assignments are like a full time job.  His main friends don't live in our neighborhood so he hangs out with Jack's friends a lot.  He is definitely more introverted than his brother so he and Jack are a good pair.  Even though Josh comes across as quiet and a bit shy he is actually hilarious.  Family game nights he always has us rolling laughing with his sense of humor.  Him and I are very close and I know he is a total mama's  boy.  Josh isn't a big eater in general but he LOVES sweets!  He hates cranberry chicken, when I ask him to speak up cuz I can't hear him, and when Parker coaches him when he's not in the mood.  Josh LOVES to ride his scooter and loves going to skate parks to master new tricks he's learning.  He is super cute with his younger cousins, especially the girls.  Audrey absolutely adores him and I can see why.  He puts his own fun aside and will do all he can to make sure she's happy.  He is overall a super easy going kid that is a joy to have around.  It is very rare I have to discipline Josh and I am so grateful for that.  His smile melts my heart and I love him so much!  

No comments: