Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom Morrill!!!

Yesterday was Parker's mom's birthday! I'm bummed we weren't there to celebrate with her this year but they're coming to visit us soon! Unfortunately, the only pics I have of her are on my computer in Utah (we only brought out Parker's laptop) so you'll have to settle for 1,000 words. =) For those who don't know, she's tall, thin, and beautiful!

Michelle has been such a good mom to Parker and has raised him to respect the role of women and to be kind and gentle. From what I hear, they got along well and Parker says he loved his life at home with her. I also feel so blessed to be her daughter in law, she treats me like one of her own and for that I am so grateful. She has truly accepted me for who I am and I feel like we get closer everytime we talk. I know she is always there for me when I need her and I always feel so welcome at her house. She is a wonderful grandma to my boys and I couldn't ask for anything more. She is so humble and hard working and thinks only of other people and never of herself.

I've only known her about 6 years but I remember when Parker and I had just got engaged I went down to St. George with her without Parker and I was SO nervous! Would she like me? Would it be akward? What will we talk about? She made me feel so comfortable and we had such a fun time! I remember coming home and feeling even better about marrying Parker because I would have Michelle as a mother in law. She has always been thoughtful, sending cards or flowers for different occasions and is always willing to come help me when I need her. She'll drive 3 hours each way in one day if I need her help! Aren't you all jealous I have such an awesome second mother!? Haha.

I love you so much Mom and happy birthday!!!

1 comment:

JP said...

I'm glad you're part of our family, Jenn, and can enjoy our sweet mother as much as we have our whole lives. She truly is the most wonderful woman that I know. We all love you so much mom!