Sunday, June 29, 2008

9 Hours at Dutch Wonderland!!!

Parker and I took the boys to a family amusement park called Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster, Pennsylvania on Saturday and it was so much fun! We had a great time, this place is like Disneyland but for ages 10 and under so it was smaller and there weren't a bunch of punk teens running around. There was so much to do we ended up being there for NINE hours! Ah it was a long long long hot hot hot fun fun fun day!!!

Here we are getting ready to leave bright and early...

This ride was so fun because it swung them around really fast on the corners and Josh LOVED it! He was so brave!

Of course they loved the airplane ride...

Jack and I had a great time soaring over the park..."Mommy we WAY HIGH!"

Of course they loved the carousel...
So I would really say it was the perfect day EXCEPT...oh my gosh was it hot. It was about 96 degrees with about 95% humidity SO we were all sweating all day. We spent about $25 on drinks alone! Luckily there's a fun waterpark there too, course I forgot my swimming suit so we ran over to KMART and I got this hideous old lady suit for $7 so I could join in on the water fun. =) It was worth it, we had a lot of fun and it was a nice break from the heat. Don't get your hopes up, no pics of me in the old lady suit =) Then we got dressed and spent another couple hours there...They liked the gandola ride, Parker and I were bored to death...haha, the things you do for your kids...This was probably their favorite ride...the frog hopper, it went up then dropped really fast. It made my stomach drop but the boys loved it!Riding the trucks.
They were SO worn out! So were Parker and I though! We couldn't wait to get home and shower and get to bed! I woke up with a horrible head and neck ache and am still in quite a bit of pain. My mom thinks it's from the rides, which is weird that I can handle Vegas rollar coasters but not kiddie rides at the Dutch Wonderland! Anyway, it was a great day!!!

6 comments:

Loni said...

Kinda disappointed that there isn't a picture of you in the granny suit. But it did look fun.

Janae said...

Looks like fun. I was wanting to see the granny suite too dang it! Maybe you should hang on to it. if your neck and headache are really from the kiddie-rides, it sounds like you are becomming an old lady. HAHA!

Acker Family said...

How fun! I too was wanting a granny suit shot! :) Wish they had something like that in Oregon!

JP said...

Haha, you REALLY should have shown a shot of that swimsuit! Everyone wanted to see it. Next time you all go swimming, you better wear it and take pics. Sounds like a fun day, thanks for taking such great care of my sweet nephews.

Val said...

9 hours! You are officially great parents. Of course, when you spend that much money to get into those kind of places, you've got to make it worth it. Looks like fun!

Joanie said...

Cute, cute, cute boys! I am so impressed. You must be "Supermom"!