Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Week...

We had a wonderful week with my parents. They flew in on Sunday and went home this afternoon. It was, of course, not long enough-but I'll take what I can get. I feel so blessed that my parents are both ABLE and WILLING to come see us so often. I love them so much!!!

Cute pic of daddy and Tyce...Grandma and Tyce, Tyce really knew Grandma and would smile at her all the time...Grandpa reading Ernie's Big Mess to Jack, I LOVED that book growing up! My dad also does great Sesame Street character voices so he's always fun to have read to you. =)Grandma and Joshy, Josh really warmed up to my mom this trip-giving her lots of kisses...
Tuesday Parker took a half day and we all went to the Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum. It's like a continuation of the one down at the mall in DC but this one was really close to my house so that was nice. My dad is kinda a nerd about this kind of stuff so he loved it and wanted to spend MUCH more time there but, of course, the boys had other ideas. Haha, sorry dad!Here we are in that big tower thing at the top of the building. It's really close to Dulles Airport so you can watch planes take off and land, which the boys thought was pretty cool. Tyceroo was an angel, as always!Grandpa and Joshy outside the museum...Grandma and Jackson...Wednesday night our WONDERFUL friends/neighbors Shana, Jadeh, and Alexi babysat the boys for us so we could go out to eat as adults! Oh it was so...quiet!!! It was nice to be able to have some time with my parents away from the kids. Thursday my mom made us an AMAZING YUMMY INCREDIBLE DELICIOUS PERFECT Thanksgiving dinner. My mom is such a good cook, I've been so spoiled. Her gravy was to die for, I think I just wanted a bowl of that! Haha. She also made her famous banana cream pie, which made my little sister and her husband jealous! =)

Here is my honey carving the bird for the first time...He was snacking on it the whole time, but managed to save some for the rest of us...

Aside from the delicious food we had a nice Thanksgiving. I asked the boys what they were thankful for:

Jackson: "Going potty and Daddy."

Josh: "Mommy."

It was cute. I am thankful for my amazing family, both immediate and extended. I am thankful for Parker's job (as much as I complain about it taking us out here, we are lucky to have a stable job in this economy). I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for the gospel and my knowledge of eternal families. I am thankful that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and watches over me and who is always there for me.

Mom and dad thank you SOOOO much for coming out. We all enjoyed having you and can't wait until February when you come back! LOVE YOU BOTH!!!

3 comments:

Tamee said...

Jenn, I found you.
Sounds like Thanksgiving was great. I love it when Grandparents visit. We love the Air and Space Museum too. We'll all have to go to the IMAX there. It's super fun.
Glad to have another BYU football family to party with.

Acker Family said...

So great to have your family in town for the holiday! I especially love all the matching jammies. I know you wanted a girl, but be thankful you can match your boys so cute! There's not much out there to match with a boy and girl : )

Lindsay said...

i'm so jealous. by the way, the code word for this comment was bulkier. is that a sign as to what we have become since thanksgiving??