Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

Last night we got all our Christmas decorations up and decorated our tree. The boys have been SO excited to do this and Parker and I were both having rough days with some drama and what not but we finally got around to it after dinner and it turned out great. We let the boys decorate it so it certainly doesn't look perfect but I don't care. It's always fun to pull out our ornaments that bring back memories. My mother in law gives us an ornament each year that represents something that happened that year, it was fun to see all those. It got me excited for the Christmas season! We are trying to teach the boys about the birth of Christ and I think they are slowly getting it. Yesterday Jackson found a little Santa statue and put it by Mary in the nativity set. I asked him why and he said, "Santa ALWAYS likes to see Heavenly Father mommy." Haha, close enough I guess. =) And can I say how much I LOVE Christmas music!?!? I love this time of year!

Here's Jackson hanging a christmas ball ornament, which by the way was dropped about ten times and never broke! The one Josh dropped DID break and, of course, Jackson stepped in the glass =(
Little poser...Cheeseball...
Tyce was pretty good but got fussy at the end of the decorating...In front of the finished product...They love their stockings, I gotta find one for Tyce though!!!Haha, it's a beauty isn't it?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

what fun!! Presents wrapped and under the tree - Jenn you are ambitious! The boys look so excited. I hope they stay that way for three more weeks!!

Lindsay said...

scoot over sonny boy!!! let ol gramma take a whack at that!!! oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree, how lovely are thy branches, do do, wee do, wee do, wee do!!!! hahaha. cute pics.

Brent said...

It's a beautiful Christmas tree!! I'm glad the boys had fun doing the decorating. Did you have Christmas music playing while you were decorating?? Part of the tradition.....!! Enjoy all the fun and festivities. Miss you.

Jenn said...

Mom-those presents are from my parents, they brought them when they came for Thanksgiving. I wish I was that on top of things! Haha!

Linds-I just about wet my pants reading your comment, hahahhaa.

Dad-YES we had Chipmunks playing for a while then Amy Grant Christmas. =)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Cute pictures. It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving with your parents too. I love the pictures of the boys in their pj's. Cade has two of the same jammies your kids do! Gotta love Costco carter's jammies!

Justina Selim said...

Oh so fun! I can't wait to bust out our tree. Maybe I will be nice and let Aiden decorate it too. Yours is so cute!