Thursday, June 24, 2010

And So It Begins...

Now I know that all kids, at one time or another, lie to their parents. I just can't believe it starts at age 4. Jackson told his first official lie today. Up until now he hasn't really understood what a lie was, but now he knows, and he lied. I was downstairs taking care of a FUSSY Tyce and I started to wonder where the twins were. I called for them and they came downstairs and Jack had something behind his back. This was our conversation:

Me: Jack, what were you two doing up there?
Jackson: Taking, I mean...looking at pictures.
Me: Oh you were just looking at my photo albums?
Jackson: Yes mommy.
Me: So you weren't TAKING pictures?
Jackson: No...
Me: What's that behind your back? A camera?
Jackson: Yes, we couldn't find ours so we took yours.

Haha, then of course smart Josh is like..."IT WASN'T ME! I just watched!" Hahaha. It was not a big deal, but it made me sad. I don't want my kids to lie to me. And they will. I know my parents will laugh when they read this because I did it to them! I guess it's just part of parenting...wish me luck!

Here is the PROOF that they were taking pictures...

Haha, like all the artwork taped up above our bed? That is so "mommy and daddy can think about us every night before they go to sleep." Haha, precious Josh, so thoughtful. How do I explain to them how tacky it looks? I guess I don't.

6 comments:

Daisha said...

Macie's first lies were about spitting food out in the toilet or trash at dinner time. I was in denial that she would do such a thing.
June is flying by and very busy all of a sudden. How does early July sound for getting together?!

Jenn said...

Sounds great! I am teaching swimming lessons this summer but I have Mondays and Fridays open each week. Were you wanting to come up here or me go down there? Let me know! =)

Lindsay said...

well i still think they are perfect little boys. im so sure josh tries to get out of it hahaha.

Parker said...

Josh never hesitates to throw Jackson under the bus when they get caught.

Lindsay said...

hahahahaha parker you crack me up.

Brent said...

Jenn, you LIED to us?!?!? I am devastated.....shocked.....mortified.....crushed. Now I know I have officially failed as a parent..... So sorry to see this painful event happen to you!!