Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I Am Thankful for My Parents...

Today I am thankful for my wonderful parents. Not only for what they did my first 18 years of life (or maybe despite that? haha!) but for our relationship now. Even though we live across the country we remain so close. My mom and I talk at least a couple times a day and she is one of the first people I call when I have news, good or bad. She is always there for me whether it's for nursing advice, cooking advice, parental advice, or just to chat about my day. My dad and I have always been close and I'm happy to see that that has not changed, in fact, it's only been strengthened. They continue to do so much for us and I appreciate their constant support and love. I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN A FEW WEEKS!!! I am also thankful for my parents IN LAW! I feel so blessed to have such sweet, loving, accepting, and giving second parents (I prefer that term). Bart is always willing to help us out with handy man stuff and always willing to change diapers and hold crying kids! How lucky am I??? He also is always happy to treat us to dinners and entertainment which is so nice because, living out here with no family, we never get that! Michelle is all I could've ever wanted in a mother in law. She is so great with my boys and very unselfish, patient, and loving. She would do anything for any of her kids, including those of us who are not blood related, and I am so grateful for that. I love them both!!!
I am so thankul that I have two sets of parents who are always there for me and my little family.

No comments: