Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fun in Oregon Part 2

I am counting down the hours (7 to go) until Jackson and Josh get home.  I was fine for a week but then I really started to miss them and today has been really tough.  I cannot wait to have them home and in mommy's arms again.  In the meantime...here are the rest of the pics from my parents of their fun in Oregon...

They hiked Smith Rock...


 I love Josh in a backwards hat...
 There was a wildlife representative there with a snake that the boys thought was really cool...

 They got to ride on a surrey, with fringe on the top, just like the Veggie Tales song...

Back to the hike...
 Josh fell at the very beginning of the hike and got scraped up pretty bad but I heard he was brave and kept on going...

 They went boating again...
 Mason and Jackson eating lunch on the dock...
 Playing croquet...

Yesterday my older sister Dana went and picked them all up and drove them to her house in Utah.  Today my little sister Lindsay is flying the twins back here.  Here is a pic Dana sent me of them playing at the park before they headed to the airport...
I am so grateful to my parents who put this whole trip together for their grandkids.  One of my biggest complaints about living out here (besides the miserable heat of course) is that my boys don't get time with their cousins.  I am SO glad they got to spend so much quality time with Abbi, Olivia, and Mason.  Actually, they even got to see their cousins Cole, Kate, and Luke on the other side but just for a few hours.  They adore their cousins and I think they'll remember this trip and the memories that were made.  I'm sure my parents are thoroughly exhausted after 8 days with five kids but that's just the kind of grandparents that they are!  Thanks again mom and dad!!! 

No comments: