Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Utah Week 3: Barraclough Family Reunion

Friday afternoon we drove to Boise for the Barraclough Family Reunion!  These are few and far between so we were excited to get to see everyone.  Two of my dad's three living siblings were there, all their kids, and their kids kids!  It was super fun to catch up with my cousins and let the kids enjoy being outside all day.  They rented a bouncy house and had a slip n slide so my boys were in heaven!  Here are some pics from the day...

Dana and I took Abbi and Liv to Boise while my parents had all the boys in their car (I'm pretty sure I got the better end of that deal!)...

Josh in the bouncy house...
 Jack and Tyce loved the bouncy house water slide...
Lindsay, Dana, our cousins Monica, Michelle, Anna, and Tyce and me...
 My grown up niece Abbi and Jason and Luke eating lunch...
 The whole Barraclough clan...
 My dad and his brother Marty and sister Maralynda (who we have always known as Buckwheat)...
Highlights of the day for me were seeing my Aunt Buckwheat, catching up with my cousins, and eating my Grandma Barraclough's lemon bars that my aunt made.  As soon as I took a bite I was overwhelmed with a flood of feelings and memories of my Grandma and how much I miss her calling me honeybunch and making me lemon bars.  She was such a special woman and I miss her so much, we all do. 

It was a great day and the kids came home exhausted!  The next day we headed out to McCall for the week!!!  That post to come soon!!!

No comments: