Saturday, August 10, 2013

Utah Week 4: Last Week in Neola

Friday morning the boys all decided they wanted to catch frogs in the pond with Grandma and Grandpa.  Since they needed a net to catch them in they headed to the local hardware store.  While there, Jackson pulled a 10 pound downrigger off the shelf and it dropped on his bare toe.  Michelle brought him to the hospital and Parker and I met them there.  When Parker walked in and asked where his son was the nurse said "just follow the screaming."  Poor Jackson was in a lot of pain...
 
 

 He broke a small bone in his toe but the bigger problem was the swelling hematoma under the nail...
 
Now he's on crutches and we're hoping it will heal quickly...

 Poor guy had to rest on the couch while all his brothers and cousins played on the tramp...
 Later in the day we headed down to the pond to catch frogs...

 Grandpa Morrill was quite the expert frog catcher and the kids were super impressed and excited...

 Tyce and Kate...
Josh and Luke...
 Fun on the tramp...
 Posing with the frogs and the snake they found...
Saturday morning we got up early, packed, and headed out to SLC for family pictures.  Here is a sneak preview of the pics, I am waiting for the CD then I'll do a blog post of them all...



 
After pictures we had lunch and then headed to the airport.  It was awful saying goodbye to everyone, just awful.  I always seem to have the hardest time saying goodbye to Michelle, I don't know why but the tears always come.  I hate leaving family, it reminds me how badly I wish we lived closer and didn't have to say these goodbyes. 
 
Flying home was HELL!  We were supposed to land at midnight in DC and we ended up landing about 4:30am.  We got to sit on the plane in SLC for an hour, only to de-board, wait, re-board, wait, drive to the runway, and wait, and wait and wait.  We finally got to Denver about 9:30pm, waited there a couple hours, then finally got on the flight home.  The boys were ANGELS, they were so tired and sick of planes and airports but they were so good.  Parker and I were super tired and grumpy but put on happy faces and we got through it.  
 
During one of the long waits in SLC the pilot invited the boys to come in the cockpit, they were pushing buttons and freaking Parker and I out but the pilot didn't seem at all concerned!  They thought they were pretty cool... 


We all got to bed about 6am (just about when the sun was coming up).  Jack and I woke up at 11 but Josh, Parker, and Tyce slept until about 3pm.  Needless to say, we are still on a way messed up schedule!

Ah it was an AMAZING month!  When I booked the trip I thought that, after being gone for a month, I would totally be ready to come home BUT...I wasn't.  The boys weren't ready either.  But too bad, our life is here and that is reality.  Thanks everyone for an awesome awesome awesome time!!!

No comments: