Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Grandma and Grandpa Barraclough Come Visit Part 2!!!

One night we went out to dinner and my dad and I BOTH GOT SALADS!!!  If you know us at all you know this is crazy and pretty pathetic to be honest.  My dad and I are most definitely the sweet lovers in our family...
 
We went to the mall to see Santa.  The twins asked for a remote control airplane and a cell phone (ya right!).  Tyce asked for a "wobot" (robot).  Hopefully they're not disappointed Christmas morning because Santa might have some other ideas!!!

 
 
 
 Here are some more pics from the hotel with my parents...



My dad the human jungle gym...
Last night we drove up to Maryland to go to the Gaylord National Harbor Ice Festival, it was pretty cool!  Over two million pounds of ice carved and colored to display the 12 Days of Christmas. They also had some slides.  It was pretty expensive and very cold (9 degrees to keep the ice frozen) so I'm not sure we'll do it again but I'm super glad we did it once.

Here are some pics from that, and remember...everything is made of ice!!! 






After that we went to dinner...


My parents were supposed to leave this afternoon but due to the storm coming in they switched their flight to an early morning flight so Parker took them to the airport at 5am.  As always, I woke up depressed and lonely.  They were here a week but it felt like two days.  My kids love them and Parker and I love having them here.  I'm pretty sure they're coming back in February and I'm hoping to go to Utah in March to see my sis's new baby girl so I guess it won't be too long until I see them again.  We had lots of fun and I'm so glad they came.  LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!

2 comments:

Daisha said...

Love the pic of you and your dad at the top. If you ever make it to Salem again one day, call me!

Brent said...

Thanks for a wonderful visit! You were a delightful hostess (as usual) and we enjoyed you and your four boys! Now we miss you terribly.....