Saturday, September 13, 2008

BIG BOY BEDS

I can't believe it, my boys are in big boy beds now! They have been sleeping so well in them and they look so cute at night! I go in there to check on them and I can barely find them! Was I sad to pack up the cribs? Yes and no. The baby stage with twins was extremely difficult, exhausting, and stressful and so I'm much happier with how things are now. Jackson and Josh are so much fun now and are really pretty easy, they play well together and I am now SO grateful to have twins! In some ways I think it's easier to have twins (at this age) because they entertain eachother and are never alone, they always have a friend by their side.




I thought today would be a good day to do a little update on them because I am home ALONE! My parents took the boys last night for a sleepover at their hotel (they're in town for the BYU football game today) and it sounds like they had a wonderful time being spoiled rotten! Parker and I were able to go out last night which was SO wonderful! Thanks mom and dad!

The Joys of Twin Boys:

It has been so fun lately to watch the boys play together and interact. I wish I could follow them around with a video camera to record their little conversations, laughs, and fights. They really do get along great and don't fight much. They have learned to share very well and they certainly have a twin connection. They love to hold hands and hate to be without the other. Some funny conversations that they have that I overhear...

Josh-"JACK BOOGER ME" (that means Josh has a booger on his finger, which drives him crazy, and he wants Jack to get it off)
Jack-"NO BOGGER ME JOSH"
Josh-"EW JACK BOOGER ME"
Jack-"MOOOMMY JOSH BOOGER ME"

Jack comes upstairs-"JOOOOOSH WHERE ARE YOU?"
Josh-"MY ROOM, COME PLAY ME JACK"

Jack has a drink and I ask him to give it to Josh-"HERE YA GO JOSH, WELCOME"
Josh-"THANK YOU JACK (hands it back to him), WELCOME"

It's hilarious when they fight and I tell them to say sorry...

Jack-"SORRY JOSH"
Josh-"NO SORRY ME JACK"
Jack-"SORRY JOSH!!!" (he gets so mad Josh won't accept his apology)
Josh-"NO SORRY ME JACK!!!!"

Obviously these conversations are cuter when you hear them in their cute little voices but they really are best friends and I just love listening to them. I feel blessed to have such perfect little twin boys in my home and I love them so much!!!

5 comments:

Justina Selim said...

There little beds are so cute! The bedding is really cute! It got there so quick!

Janae said...

Yay for big boy beds. i love them. The room looks great. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Acker Family said...

big boy beds?! That's crazy! Your babies are growing up :) Love the little conversations with each other too! cute :)

Melissa said...

That must be the cutest thing ever to see them having their little chats. They are Adorable. I love that you call Jackson "Jack." Miss you!

Mikaela said...

Surprise Jenn! I started a blog so this is the easiest way to find me now.