Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend...

Ok so I was a total slacker taking pictures but we did have a really fun 4th of July weekend!! My parents were in town so we were ALL able to get together for the first time since Parker's graduation and the last time before we move to DC! =( The 4th is my brother in law David's birthday and my Grandpa's birthday. The 5th is my mother in law's birthday and the 6th is my mom's birthday! SO, there was lots of celebrating going on!

Friday night my parents came out to Neola for the kids rodeo. We signed the boys up for the bunny chase and the chicken chase and they were SO excited about it, talked about it for days. But when the time actually came, and they saw all the animals and all the kids...they got scared and stayed by daddy crying the whole time, haha. Such city boys! It was hilarious to watch, although I felt very sorry for all the poor little animals terrified of all these kids running and jumping on them trying to catch them! So sad!

Saturday Parker and I headed out to Provo for the Stadium of Fire! My wonderful in laws watched the boys for us Saturday and Sunday, which was kinda sad to not be with them for fireworks but they would NOT have wanted to sit through the whole Stadium of Fire. It sounds like the boys had fun though. Anyways, Stadium of Fire was really really cool. The Jonas Brothers were there and people just went crazy! I couldn't believe it! I didn't really care much about them but the fireworks were awesome!

Sunday Parker and I went to church in our Lehi ward (gosh we miss it!) then headed up to my sister's house for a BBQ/birthday celebration for David and my mom! It was a lot of fun. I love my family and love being all together. Parker and I were super bummed we missed Michelle's birthday on Sunday but since we don't get to see my family much anymore we decided we couldn't pass up this chance. Here are some pics from the festivities...

David and his girls...
Dana and Mason...
My mom and the girls...Jason, Lindsay, Parker, and I...All the husbands...The whole clan...How cute are my parents???

It was a bittersweet weekend because I couldn't help but think that I'm going to be missing out on these family things from now on, which makes me so sad! Also, the thought of taking Jackson and Josh away from their grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and cousins just breaks my heart because they love them so much! Ah why is life taking us to DC? I'm sure there's a reason, we just don't know it.

Anyways, all is well with the pregnancy. I'm 36 weeks, dialated to a 2, and the baby's head is very very low. My doctor said he would be surprised if I went to my due date. We're just hoping he can wait till after July 30th so Parker will be back from taking the bar exam in Oregon! We'll see!!!!

4 comments:

Daisha said...

When Macie told me she was going to be a flower I thought of our green daffodil outfits too! I hope that you can hold out until parker gets done with the bar.. . Cole is going out of town for 4 days - 3 weeks before I'm due and I had Dominic 3 weeks early so it makes me very nervous!!

Palmer Family said...

I was 2 at 36 wks too and Audra was 2 wks early! I hope your bags are packed! Mine weren't! :) Oh and I LOVE your belly pic!

Acker Family said...

What a fun weekend! I can't believe you're already at a 2!! I was at 2 at 37 1/2 weeks and Lily came that night! Way to go-let's hope for an early baby-but with Parker here of course! :)

Justina Selim said...

That rodeo thing would have been hilarious! Exciting that u r dilating!