Sunday, August 9, 2009

Update...

So I've totally been slacking on my blog, I know, but there's just been a lot going on around here! Tyce is doing great, he is such a happy little baby (except when he gets his diaper changed) and I just love cuddling him! The boys are adjusting well to him and love helping me with everything he needs. We are still house hunting for a place to live in DC, and it is really taking a toll on us. We just want to be DONE and know where we are going to live! Is that so much to ask? Apparently so.


On Thursday my parents came out for the first time to see baby Tyce! I was SO excited to see them and I was totally spoiled by my mom with two of my favorite dinners. I forgot how good of a cook she is and how lucky I was growing up with meals like that every night! Thanks so much mom! Her and my dad even cleaned out my whole fridge for me! They were only here a couple days and I didn't get many pictures...
Grandpa Barraclough and baby Tyce...The boys thought shucking (spelling???) the corn on the cob was pretty cool...

They left Saturday and took the twins with them to Salt Lake until Thursday! Sounds like they'll be spoiled rotten going to the zoo, dinosaur museum, water park, and the cabin so I'm sure they'll have fun! Parker and I are enjoying this time with no school, no work, and no twins! Our house is so quiet but it really is a nice change. I am trying to catch up on my sleep and sleep when Tyce does, since I can't do that when the twins are home. I do miss them a lot but
am trying to take advantage of them being gone. I am doing ok, just still very very sore and tired. The good news is that I weighed myself for the first time yesterday and I'm already back to my exact pre pregnancy weight! I was really excited about that. I still can't wait to get to the gym and tone up but at least I don't have to stress too much!

Saturday was Grandma Bliss's funeral and, unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture! The service was beautiful but I missed the graveside. We love Grandma so much and miss her but are so happy that she is now reunited with her husband who has been gone for so long.
Here are some random pics...
Apparently Josh saw DADDY do this and now thinks HE can do this...Uncle Shane flew home for the funeral and brought the boys a surprise...AIR JORDANS! Haha, the boys were SOOO excited...Jackson got black...Josh got white...They think the shoes can make them jump higher so they spent the whole night jumping...They love their Uncle Shane and have missed him...Riding on their space ships around the house...Here he is, the love of my life...An attempt at a family picture with three grumpy boys and a camera about to die...The boys like to join in whenever I'm trying to take a picture of Tyce, but that's ok...

5 comments:

Daisha said...

Back to your pre-pregnancy weight - that was fast!!! Did parker not fly out here to look for a home? Sorry the house hunting has been so hard. Enjoy your rest from the twins!

Mikaela said...

Sorry to hear about the tear--trust me they tell you to wait six weeks to do anything for a reason--I know people who have actually asked for a planned c-section just to try to avoid the tear! Hope you get feeling better soon, and congratulations, happy to see your labor wasn't too long.

Jenn said...

Daisha-no he had to cancel the trip because his grandma died and we had the viewing and the funeral. Too bad! =(

Mikaela-ya know, I'm sitting here hurting so bad I'm wondering if a c-section would've been easier! I don't know, I guess where ever it comes out it's gonna hurt. Haha.

Britt Wright said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! And I am thrilled that your little angel is here and safe and happy! He is such a handsome little guy! And congrats on the pre-pregnancy weight...you are just one of those blessed women. =)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Congrats on baby boy #3! He is such a cute baby! You are looking wonderful, as usual and I love all your pictures. I bet it's so nice just having one newborn this time. I'll bet you're such a pro! He's beautiful. Congrats again you guys!