Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tyce Update...

I feel like with all the craziness going on I have neglected blogging about Tyce! Most people do posts about when their babies turn one month or two months and so on, but I've been slacking. Anyways Tyce is almost 7 weeks and is doing well. At his 2 week check he was in the 25% for head, height, and weight. I can't say he's the easiest baby, he definitely cries more than the twins ever did. He doesn't seem content very often, which we're still trying to figure out why. He has reflux, which I'm sure isn't helping matters. We're still trying to find a pediatrician out here but I want to get him in soon to get his weight checked. The good news is that at night he goes back to sleep right after feedings, which is nice. And when he IS content and awake he is SO cute! I have even gotten him to smile at me! He has an adorable smile that we all just love.
The boys are still doing well with him, they adore him and whenever he cries they try to make him feel better. Lately, every time Tyce cries Jackson says..."me thinks he is crying so because (Jackson's favorite phrase, so because) he misses daddy. That's why I cry." Hahaha, it's so cute.
SPEAKING of Jackson...he has gone from mommy's little angel to mommy's little, well, not nice kid! I don't know if it's just all the change or what but he has become SO difficult. He literally cries and throws fits over EVERYTHING and I am sick of it. Any suggestions? I've tried talking to him, loving him, cuddling him, spanking him, time out, and ignoring him. Nothing seems to work. But with him screaming and Tyce screaming I think I just might lose it. Especially considering this house echos like crazy!!!
As far as the house, pics are to come I promise. It's a nice place, just lots of stairs (34 to be exact). Houses out here are just so tall! We have made a few friends and Parker is loving his job. We are going to Ohio this weekend to watch Parker's sister play volleyball so that should be fun, although the 6 hour drive could be interesting with the three kids.
Here are some of Tyce's various sleeping positions...

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

haha i can totally hear jackson saying that. i miss them so much!!!!! i seriously cant believe how much tyce has changed already. how sad! he wont even know his auntie lindsay!

Daisha said...

Glad you've made it here, but sorry that Tyce cries so much! That's so hard. As far as toddler tantrums I had a friend who give her kid a quick spray of water with a spray bottle in the face whenever he would scream etc. . . (like you might do with a cat). She said it worked. Hope that you have a great weekend! By the way, how was your birthday a few weeks back?

Justina Selim said...

That's so sweet of Jackson to say! Such cute pics of Tyce!

Janae said...

He's such a cutie! love it. I hope you are all adjusting well. I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with the boys crying. toddlers can be difficult. Rylee is my hard one, but she is getting better. I hope it gets better soon. miss ya!