Monday, September 28, 2009

Our New Place...

Well we worked hard this weekend and got a lot done on the house. Parker cleaned out the garage and it looks great now! He also hung a lot of stuff on the walls which makes it feel more like home. I like the house, it feels quite big to me (it's over 2000 square feet) which is both good and bad. I feel like there's always something that needs to be cleaned! It's 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. On the main level is the family room, kitchen with eat in area, formal dining room, and a half bath. Downstairs is a fairly large rec room with a full bath (that's where our guests will stay). Upstairs is the laundry, all three bedrooms, and two bathrooms. I like our neighborhood, I've met a few of the neighbors who were very nice and it feels very safe here. I also like that it is about an 8 minute walk to the train station so the boys and I walk over to meet Parker when he gets off work every day. His commute is an hour on the train but he doesn't mind it, it gives him some quiet alone time in between work and home. He gets home about 6:30 in the evenings which isn't too bad.
Here are some pics...
This is the front of our townhome...
This is the formal dining room which we use as an office, it's pretty big and empty right now...Here's half of the rec room...Here's the other half of the rec room...Front entry, don't mind Brody's scary eyes, haha...Here's the kitchen, which seems bigger than it looks. The cabinets are nice but they go really high! I hate my dishwasher but other than that I like it...Eat in kitchen...Family room (notice Parker's new 50 inch plasma!)...Tyce's room...My least favorite part of the house, 34 stairs!!!Master vanity, I love the double sinks but hate not having drawers!I love our master bathroom, especially the big soaking tub!

I love our master bedroom, it's HUGE and has a walk in closet which we are loving. The one thing that has been hard is not having a backyard. We have a little grass patch out the door from the rec room but it's not fenced in so the boys can't just roam free like they were used to over the summer. Oh well, we knew we couldn't have it all! So good job Parker on finding us a place! =)

8 comments:

Palmer Family said...

Love it Jenn! It looks so nice and you already look so settled! I am impressed! Hope you are doing well and hanging in there all the way over on the east coast! Lets catch up soon ok?? Do phone dates happen when you have three?? :)

Masons said...

Jenn its so charming and charismatic! I can't wait to visit!

Loni said...

Awesome place!!!

Lindsay said...

its so far away! i guess i will have to wait til april to see it in person. i cant wait til then!!!

Michelle said...

Good job guys! Noticed a few new things, which is exciting (family room rug and T.V.) Love all the open spaces. Can't wait to come and try out the guest area!

Justina Selim said...

It's really cute! I love the way it looks from the outside! Parker did great!

Acker Family said...

Love those pictures! Looks like a great place! And I'd really like one of those soaker tubs!

JP said...

Oh I love it Jenn! So much fun. Parker did a great job! Can't wait till we save up so we can come stay (don't get too excited, it will be a couple years):)