Monday, September 14, 2009

Tyce's Baby Blessing...

Tyce had his baby blessing last Sunday in Lehi and it was everything I had hoped for. Parker gave him a beautiful blessing that really seemed to focus on his understanding of the gospel. It was so nice to get everyone together before we left for DC, unfortunately some people I was hoping to see weren't able to come (Labor Day weekend and all) but at least all our family was there! After church we had a luncheon at my grandparent's condo in downtown Salt Lake (thanks again Grandma!) and then Monday morning...we were off to the east coast! It was very depressing saying goodbye to Parker's fam on Sunday and then my fam Monday at the airport. Most of us kept our tears to ourselves (ok, except my mom, Michelle, my grandpa, Lindsay, Dana, and me). The flight went well, all three boys were surprisingly well behaved and a couple different people commented on how well behaved our kids were! Ha, if only they REALLY knew! Just kidding. =) It broke my heart hearing the boys say, BYE UTAH when we were taking off. It's not that I'm in love with the STATE of Utah (although I sure do love the mountains) but I miss everyone there! I've lived there for eight years and it felt like home in a lot of ways. Anyways, we are getting settled in and soon I will post some pics of our place. But for now...here's some pics from last weekend...

I was glad to have captured this moment between Grandma Barraclough and Tyce...Tyce in his tux...My wonderful in-laws...This is Tyce's favorite shirt, I'm pretty sure... =) Daddy and his boy...
The original Barraclough five...
My whole side of the family...
Our dear family friend Nicole flew in from Oregon just to be here for this! We love you Mickey-Micole!!!
Our friends Taylor, Justina, Aiden, and Eva all came too!!!
My friend and the best workout partner ever, Jenna, so hard to say goodbye...

Ok so now I'm all depressed again. =( I miss everyone!!!

4 comments:

Brent said...

Thanks for a wonderful weekend - it was delightful having everyone (family, at least) together before you left for D.C. - we are all blessed to have the opportunities we do, even if it separates us for a little while - Good Luck in D.C.!!!

Mikaela said...

So sorry we missed the blessing . . . Confession, I totally forgot!!! I truly am sorry and glad everything went well. Give me a call when you get all settled I want to catch up and I am sure you will get lonely so don't be a stranger!! Besides, you never even answered my happy birthday phone calls!!

Acker Family said...

Love the pictures of Parker with Tyce! So sweet! And Tyce's little blessing outfit is adorable! Post pics of your new place when you can!

JP said...

Jenn, how are things WAY over there?? I'm looking forward to pics of your new place!! Love you tons and miss you. I'm jealous you get to see Christine play this week. Kiss your boys for me!