Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Cookie Fun...

For our Family Home Evening activity last night we made and frosted Christmas sugar cookies! The boys have been looking forward to this for so long, they were so excited. It was my first time making sugar cookies from scratch and they turned out pretty good! The boys loved using the cookie cutters and picking out which shapes to do. I also made homemade frosting and then we used food coloring to make it pretty colors. It was a yummy and messy evening!

The finished product...They picked their favorite ones to eat...Josh was much more of a perfectionist and quite coordinated about his frosting...Jack was just concerned about which one he was going to eat, haha...

It was a fun family night. We taught the boys that they are children of God and they seemed to understand it somewhat. They have such sweet spirits and there's nothing like having that in your home. I love my boys!

P.S. Where was Tyce? He was upstairs in his crib resting up so he could keep mommy up all night. =(

2 comments:

Justina Selim said...

Those look so yummy! I might have to make me some tonight!

It looks like that is your same table! Were you able to fix it?

Mikaela said...

Have to admit i am glad my christmas cookie mess will be contained to just me. I actually plan to tackle making gingerbread men for my neighbors. Call me insane but I LOVE gingerbread. I could eat it all year! Glad you had a good time and you felt like the boys got something out of the message, that is a rare gift I think haha