Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

The Easter Bunny came to our house on Saturday this year. We thought it'd be good to split up the "fun" stuff and the "true meaning" stuff. So we did baskets and egg hunt on Saturday, then went to church on Sunday. Jackson gave a great talk on Christ and the resurrection. Later that night we had a Family Home Evening lesson about it as well. Jackson and Josh really seemed to understand quite a bit, which made me so proud.

Saturday morning the boys woke up SO excited. They ran into our room at 7am but we made them wait until 7:30 so Tyce could sleep a little longer.

Easter baskets were in the basement bathroom tub this year.. Still pretty tired from getting woken up, but he got the hang of the egg finding thing pretty fast...


Tyce quickly found out that there was candy inside the eggs...They each got new jammies, bubble gun, book, and candy...Jungle Book..Lion King...New Batman jammies..New Spiderman jammies...They loved their bubble guns...Later on that day we painted toast...

It was a fun day. I love holidays with little kids, they make it so exciting! Nothing else too exciting to report. The boys were thrilled to be back at preschool after spring break. I'm looking forward to my parents coming end of May!

2 comments:

Justina Selim said...

Looks like a fun Easter! Bubble guns were a good idea. My kids would love those. I like the idea of doing the baskets on Sat. Maybe we will do that next year.

Mikaela said...

That is probably a more fun way of trying to reconcile the religiosity and fun. I chose to do an all religious easter basket and Dan's comment was, "Think we could make Shad's Easter basket a little more serious?" (insert serious sarcasm) Oh well, he doesn't know better and I didn't want to spend money on non-essentials. ;) Painting toast? I think I want some background on what and why?