Saturday, April 2, 2011

Lindsay's Short Weekend with the Twins

Jenn asked me (Lindsay) to do a post on my weekend with the twins. Here it is!

Back in February, my parents surprised me and let me know that I would be getting the twins for a weekend in March. Jenn was going to fly to Oregon with all three boys (LUCKY!) and after a week, my parents would drive the twins and Livi back to Utah when Jenn would fly home with Tyce. I was so excited! I even cried a little bit and Jason made fun of me.

Turns out they had an even bigger surprise planned. My birthday was on Tuesday, March 22nd, and since I had work all day, Jason just told me to plan on dinner that night, but that he wouldn't tell me anything else. I got off work as early as possible and waited for Jason to come home from class. He was taking forever to come home, so I called him and asked him what he was doing. He didn't say much, just that he was working on some birthday stuff for me.

He finally got home and we went up to CPK at the University Mall. We were just about to walk in the door when I hear from behind me, "SURPRISE!" I turn around and Jackson is standing there with a huge smile on his face. I barely recognized him because of how tall he is, and his hair isn't spiked up anymore! A few seconds later, Joshy comes out from behind a rock with his huge dimples, and they both gave me a big hug. My parents walked out from around the corner too. I couldn't believe it! They drove down a day early just to surprise me for my birthday. And Jason had to delay coming home because my parents were running late. He's so sneaky!

We had a great dinner at CPK and they gave me a free sundae for my birthday. Of course I let Jackson and Joshy have the whole thing.

We went back to my house and ate a delicious ice cream cake my mom bought for me (my favorite!) and just played with the twins.

That night, the twins got to sleep on my couches downstairs since my parents would be sleeping in the guest bedroom. They were so excited about it. It wasn't until after 11:00 that we were able to get them to lie down and try to go to sleep. I laid down by Jackson and scratched his back (because I know they like that), and he was trying his best to stay awake. After a while, I switched over to Joshy. He fell asleep pretty fast, and I was about to go upstairs when Jackson woke up again. I scratched his back for a few more minutes and was getting up to go to bed when Jackson reaches out, puts his arms around my neck, and squeezes me. It was the cutest thing ever. I was so glad they weren't shy or nervous around me. We always just pick up where we left off last time.

The next day, Michelle came to pick them up so they could stay with her for a few days while I worked. They obviously had fun there. On Saturday morning, Christine was nice enough to drive them out to my house. They arrived around noon, and I gave them a bath in my big tub and they played with the jets for about 45 minutes. We had to go over to Jason's parents' house for his cousin's bridal shower, but it was actually fun for the twins because there were so many kids there! They played on the trampoline and swingset and ate pizza and lots of cupcakes. After the shower, I took them right up to Kangaroo Zoo because they had been talking about it nonstop. They played there for over 2 hours. Here they are on one of the toys.


It was cute because whenever one of them lost track of the other, they would run over to me and ask me where the other was. They never wanted to be separated.

After Kangaroo Zoo, we picked up Jason at home and went to McDonald's for dinner. They played even more there and ate a lot. We left McDonald's and went right over to Baskin Robbins to get them some ice cream. We were all sitting at a table when Jackson hits me in the arm. I look over at him and his entire scoop is on the table. He almost lost it, but before he got a chance, I picked it up in my hand and plopped it back on the cone. He was thrilled and ate the whole thing, although it took him about twice as long as Joshy. That kid has a sweet tooth!

We finally came home and played games and put a movie in for them. They felt extra special because they got to watch it on the TV in our bedroom.



The next morning, we woke up to Jason making his famous pancakes for us. The twins loved them. We went to church and they did great. I didn't have many toys to entertain them in sacrament meeting, but they didn't need much. They were good boys in primary. Their teacher told me they each got 5 marbles! I made them sit on my fireplace and take a picture after church. They were eager to get it over with because they were starving for lunch.


After lunch, we played games and then went outside and played with these bubbles I bought them. The tubes are super long so the wand is supposed to make the bubbles a lot bigger. They didn't work that great but the twins loved them.

We went to my aunt Nae-Nae's for dinner. The boys were so shy and they didn't eat a lot, but they warmed up real quick when Nae-Nae brought up some wood blocks for them to build a tower. Funny story about Joshy at Nae-Nae's house though. The twins went down to the basement with Nae-Nae to get the blocks. Apparently it was really messy, and on the way up, Joshy exclaims, "Someone needs to do something about this down here!"

We got home late that night, so I didn't want to put in a movie for them. Instead, when I finished getting ready for bed, I go into my bedroom and see the twins in bed with Jason watching the TV show "I almost got away with it." They were both pretty into it, but Joshy was asking questions and everything! It was hilarious.

The next morning I had to get them ready to go back home. They had so much fun in my tub with a bubble bath.




I just got everyone ready, made breakfast, and packed their stuff so Michelle could come get them and take them home. I got done early enough that we were able to go play with the bubbles some more. When Michelle got there, the twins were so excited to see her and Tegan. They gave Jason and me big hugs and took off.

I was so glad my parents arranged it so they could spend a weekend with me. I was also glad that the twins didn't feel nervous or uncomfortable around me. We spent so much time together before they moved away that I think they won't forget me. Thank goodness! I hope that short weekend was enough to remind them that I'm their favorite auntie! At least on our side of the family. Parker's sisters are tough competition!

I love those boys. I hope we always stay close.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute post sis! :) Thanks for doing that! And I'm pretty sure they'll always remember their Auntie Lindsay! :)

Justina Selim said...

What a nice aunt those boys have! Looks like they had tons of fun! I love the cowboy outfits they got in the post below!