Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Visit From Grandma and Grandpa Bybee and Aunt Ruby

Last week my grandparents and great aunt flew in to visit for a week!  I swear it felt like just yesterday that my grandma and I were planning the trip, then it seemed like it was so far away, and now they're already gone.  Where does the time go?!  It was wonderful having them here.  I've always been very close to my grandparents, growing up living 10 minutes away from them we had many many grandma's days and nights both when I was young and when I was older.  I miss them terribly and was so excited they came to stay with us.  I feel like I didn't seem them a ton because they were very busy in DC, Williamsburg, and Mt. Vernon so I don't have lots of pictures (I know, very unlike me) but here are a few...
 
Saturday our wonderful babysitter Jadeh babysat so we could go to the temple and out to dinner...

Sunday after church...aren't my grandparents so pretty and handsome?!

We went into DC and met everyone for lunch...


They left this morning and my house and heart feel so empty.  I love having my grandma around because she is so loving, complimentary, validating, and thoughtful.  She always makes me feel better about myself and is always so proud of me.  I got teary eyed watching my boys give them hugs and kisses goodbye because it hardly seems fair that they don't get to have their great grandparents as part of their daily life like my sister's kids do.  I am so lucky to have such healthy active grandparents and I wish we all lived closer.  I also really enjoyed time with my great aunt Ruby, my mom and her are very close and it was nice to be able to talk with her and get to know her better, she's very interesting to talk to.  Highlights of the trip included my grandpa getting lost a LOT and him insisting his peach shake was a chocolate shake (despite the big peach chunks in it).  Haha, they are always good for a laugh.  I LOVE YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA AND RUBY!  THANK YOU FOR COMING!! 

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

OF COURSE your grandma was wearing a white turtleneck!! haha so classic Roxy! They are adorable! Glad you got visitors!