Saturday, July 25, 2015

Weekend at the Coast Part 1

After we said goodbye to my family we headed to Depoe Bay for a long weekend, just the five of us!  On our way to the coast we stopped in Salem and showed the boys the houses I grew up in, my schools, and my grandparents house that they just sold.  :(  They were surprisingly interested and super cute about everything.  They loved playing on Schirle's playground which I didn't get a picture of but I DID get a picture by the sign!!! 


Showed them my stain glass piece with my name on it...
Peaked through the windows to see the bathrooms, which look the EXACT same as they did 25 years ago!!!
 
Then we got back on the road.  Unfortunately Tyce got really car sick and couldn't settle down so Parker and Josh switched seats and Parker was able to cuddle Tyce to sleep...as well as himself!   
The boys were SO ecstatic when they saw the ocean!  They were also super excited about the beach house we were staying in.  My dear friend Maudie who I met about 18 years ago when I started teaching her four ADORABLE little girls swimming lessons let us stay in their home at no charge which was so incredibly nice and generous of them!  Here are some pics...

The boys room...
Our room...
Main level...



 
View...
Deck...
Loft...
The outside view...
View from the front door...
Even though it was late and chilly the boys were DYING to go down to the water so...we did!



And by we I mean the boys.  I sat in my chair...

Tyce joined me shortly thereafter, a wave got him and he was pretty cold!!!


This was our view that night from the house...
While Parker ran out to get us dinner me and the boys played cards...




Bedtime!


Morning view...
The only downside of the house and the fact that we fly was we had no toys and the house had no cable SO...thank heaven they had each brought a stuffed animal and my parents had given us this cat leash because it provided HOURS of entertainment for my boys...
Saturday was an unusually WARM beautiful day at the Oregon Coast!  We were SO lucky!  The boys had a blast and played all day and evening!

























Parker caught Tyce lining ALL his sea shells up on the deck to dry...so cute...
Then we got all ready and headed to Kylo's for a yummy seafood dinner!



One more post to come then I'm all caught up on our FABULOUS trip!!!

No comments: