Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve gets its own post because it was fabulous!!  

Working on their rocket...
The boys were fascinated by the turkey but also grossed out by the smell and feel so they got skewers and homemade nose plugs...hahaha...


After we got the turkey in the oven we headed to the train station parking lot to launch our rocket!  I drove the rocket over while the boys and Park rode their bikes.  By the way, it's 73 degrees on Christmas Eve...





Then we played Pie Face!!!  










I made a turkey dinner and I was SO happy because it turned out PERFECT!  I come from a home with amazing cooks (my mom and my grandma) and so have been spoiled and have a high bar set for flavorful home made gravy, lumpless potatoes, and moist turkey.  WELL...I NAILED IT!  My gravy was to die for...
And the turkey, Parker said, was the best he's ever had...

Nothing fancy but it was yummy...

Then it was time to open our pjs and Christmas ornaments from Grandma and Grandpa Morrill!  


Then we did our Secret Santa gift exchange!  This was our first year doing this and it was so awesome we will for sure do it next year.  12 days before Christmas we drew names and then did secret acts of service each day for our person.  Then we each used our own money to get a gift for our person then we revealed who had who on Christmas Eve.

Tyce had daddy and got him a shirt...



Jackson had me and he got me this super cute hair tie bracelet that I really wanted.  He was beyond excited to give it to me...
Josh had Jackson and he was so thoughtful, I took him shopping and he was so cute thinking about exactly what Jack would like...he got him a stickbot, candy bar, and football thing...


Parker had Josh and got him redskins pajama bottoms which he was beyond thrilled about...



I had Tyce and got him binoculars which he had wanted so bad...



Josh showing off his new pjs...

It was so fun to have the boys think of someone else besides themselves at Christmas time and to see them quietly serve each other.  Definitely a tradition to keep!

Then we got cookies, fudge, carrots, and milk set our for Santa and his reindeer...

The boys all slept together and talked for a while then finally crashed...

No comments: