Saturday, February 23, 2008

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow





So we're home now, we got in last night at 3am so we're all a bit tired and cranky in this house! We had a great second half of the week though and I thought I'd put up some more pics of our week in Oregon.

Monday we took the boys to go feed the ducks which is a favorite pastime of my family's. The boys were laughing hysterically at the ducks and Josh was saying quack quack to all of them. Jackson, however, was more interested in the bread. He wanted to eat it himself and not share with the ducks.

So since Jack wouldn't stop eating the bread we decided we better go get them some dinner so we took them to Paddington's pizza where they each got a balloon which they loved. Josh has learned to say balloon and it's probably my favorite word he says. Right before we left Utah we checked our mail and we got a valentine in the mail from Grandma Morrill, but only Josh's came! Stupid mailman. Anyways, in it there was a balloon which we saved and blew up at the end of our drive to Oregon when the boys were reached the end of their patience. Well, it popped after about 20 minutes and Josh was just devastated. The whole hour drive we heard, "BALLOOOOOOOOON!" "BALLOOOOOOOON!" So when we got to the pizza place and saw balloons the boys were thrilled!

Tuesday my mom went to work so I spent the day with some friends from high school (well I guess Daisha is more of a childhood friend also seeing as we played together pretty much everyday all through elementary school, haha.) I got together with Keri, Daisha, and Amanda at Keri's house and it was SO fun! It was so fun to see them and their precious kids! We had 8 kids and 4 adults, haha. I had a great time talking to them and watching all the kids interact. Thanks girls for a fun afternoon!

Ok so what's cute about this picture is that we did not tell them to hug eachother, they just did it on their own. They used to just tilt their heads into eachother for a hug, now they wrap their arms around eachother just randomly and it's too precious! Someday they'll hate this picture, but as a mommy, I couldn't think of a cuter picture!

So of course we had to take them to the carousel, last time they weren't too sure about it but this time they loved it!


Last but not least, Parker and I were able to get away for a late Valentine's Day celebration. My wonderful parents watched the boys so we could go to the coast for a night! Parker surprised me and planned the whole thing. We had a yummy dinner at Kyllos then walked the beach for over an hour. Get this...60 degrees and not a cloud in the sky, in February on the Oregon coast! We could not have asked for a better day. Then he took me to our hotel which was amazing to say the least. It was called Starfish Manor and we got the romantic suite. King bed, rose petals, jacuzzi overlooking the gorgeous ocean, fireplace, two headed shower, ah it was wonderful! We kept the door open at night and listened to the ocean waves all night. Living in Utah for so long I'd forgotten how much I love the coast and how much I miss it! We woke up and took another walk on the beach (but this time the tide was super high and I got a little wet) then had breakfast then headed back to Salem. It was a getaway I'll never forget, I love my husband so much and being alone with him in that setting made me the happiest girl in the world.








That night we went to dinner with my grandparents and my parents-with no kids! THANK YOU Auntie Nicole for watching them for us!!! We went to the Roadhouse and had a great time, my grandparents never fail to give us a laugh!!

So we drove home alllllll day yesterday which was long and miserable but the boys were good and we are so glad we went. Thanks mom and dad for an awesome week!

7 comments:

Daisha said...

cole and i are in need of a get away - I'll have to check out that hotel. It was so nice to see you and the boys.

Acker Family said...

so glad we got to see you and your boys! Glad you made it home safe..I want to go to the beach now too! Maybe Daisha and I should watch each other's kids while we go :)

Justina Selim said...

Looks way fun! I love the pic of the boys hugging in the tub! So cute! I also love those jeans! Where did u get them? haha. We need to get together next week. I don't think we have anything going on at all. Glad you are back!

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

Looks like a blast, again I wish I was in Oregon! Great pics from the beach!

Loni said...

What a sweet hubby you have!

Justina Selim said...

Hey, not sure if you got my message or not. I know I said Thursday worked, but I lied. I forgot I have to go to a thing Thursday night. I think you said you were busy Friday, so maybe we will have to shoot for next week. Let me know!

Jonathan and Carley said...

Jenn!! Hello! It is your favorite room roommate ever! (besides your husband =)Loni told me about your blog and I am so glad she did because I love to see how happy you are! Your family is so cute. I cant get over that you have twins! That is amazing. Where in Utah are you? I am still in Provo so it would be really fun to get together. I also have a blog and the address is tanners-jonathanandcarley.blogspot.com. Talk to you later!