Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fun Weekend Part 1...

So we had a really fun weekend because my dad was in town and it was also our 5 year anniversary! I can't believe I've been married for 5 years! Anyways, I have tons of pictures so I'll do this post in 2 parts. Part 1 is our weekend with my dad!

My dad is on the Utah Healthcare Association board and they come out to DC once a year to meet with Senator Hatch and other important people to discuss health care in Utah. So we were so excited we got to see him! He stayed a few extra days so he could see his FAVORITE daughters (my older sister doesn't read my blog so I can say that)! =) We had a lot of fun, I just LOVED having him here! As did my boys, they love their BAMPA!




Thursday my dad called me and asked me to come pick him up at his hotel in downtown DC, right by the capitol building. Sounds easy enough, right? I mapquested it and was on my way. Keep in mind, I live less than 12 miles away from downtown DC. It took me almost TWO FULL HOURS to find the hotel. It was so frustrating, I got so lost and the streets in downtown are so confusing, you miss your turn and you can't just turn at the next street cuz it's either a one way or it puts you on a whole new road! In fact, I just learned that the streets were purposely designed confusing in order to prevent invaders! Well, mission accomplished! It was crazy and my poor dad was outside waiting for me in the 100 degree heat. Sorry dad! That night we had a yummy dinner down in Old Town Alexandria, which is a really cool place.

Friday Linds and Parker had to go to work so my dad and I took the boys swimming! They had lots of fun!



They love to lean over and blow bubbles, they think it's hilarious!

They're pretty fearless in the water, they don't wait till I'm watching and they just jump in! I try to catch Josh and he says, "no ME do it!" So, I let him do it and he sinks-and loves it. Crazy guy.

Jackson loves to hug his brother...

Ok I love this picture, ever since my dad had his huge knee replacement surgery they have been so concerned about BAMPA'S OWIE! Everytime they see it they walk up to it, point at it, and say owie. Here is Jack's face when he sees grandpa's owie...



My worst fear of having sons has now come true-here they are showing me the cool bugs they found (centipedes, they're everywhere).


They got a little bit tired and cold and wanted to take a break...


It was so fun having my dad here, we all love him so much!!!

Stay tuned for PART 2!!!!!

8 comments:

Britt Wright said...

Isn't it great when visitors are in town. I'm glad you all had fun with your dad in town.

Justina Selim said...

How fun for you to have your Dad there! Life has been crazy for me, I have been meaning to call you. How do you do it with two?? I am scared for my mom to leave tomorrow!

Janae said...

So fun! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your Dad. your boys look adorable in their swim suits. Is it hard going swimming with both of them? I have a hard time with my two girls. Love the centipedes too...

Shalyse said...

how much do I love that man!!! He is the greatest. Just seeing pictures of him makes me smile! you girls are so beautiful and it looks like you are all staying busy! :-)

Ashley said...

Jenn your boys are seriously so cute. I love them hugging, it's like a prom date picture :)And how cute that they're so worried about your dad's knee!! haha

Poelmans said...

those boys are so cute. Sorry for the late response, but my in-laws live on Van Ness Street NW in DC. I wonder if you're in the same ward . . . let me know if you run into any Poelman's! How long are you out there for?

JP said...

My nephews are the CUTEST! I can't wait till our little guy starts showing us all the cool bugs. They are going to be such good buddies! Give Jacks and Josh kisses for me and tell them all about their new cousin. Can't wait for you all to see him!

Masons said...

That is the cutest thing ever about your dad's knee!! I know they don't know me very well...sad...but I just love them!