Monday, June 2, 2008

I Love to See the Temple...

We decided last night to go see the Washington DC temple, which is actually in Maryland about 45 minutes from us. We weren't planning on getting out of the car so we all were in our pajamas but once we got there we just had to get out! It was BEAUTIFUL, absolutely breathtaking! To get there you go through this huge park that is just gorgeous-green, quiet, and away from everything. It is such a peaceful area. There were even birds singing! The church does everything so perfectly, I just love it. The boys had a lot of fun running around on the perfectly landscaped grounds. They even made a friend! His name was Zachary and he was SO cute! The three of them had a blast chasing eachother and it was fun to watch my twins interact with someone else. We talked to a couple different people while we were there and it just felt so good, it felt like I was home. Not home in Oregon, Utah, or DC-just home. I love that about the church-no matter where you are you always have the gospel and other members of the church and it just gives me a sense of security. We're hoping Lindsay will babysit for us one night so Parker and I can go in and do a session, I would love to see the inside!! These pictures don't do it justice, but you get the idea...

These flowers were on the trees all over the temple grounds-they were SO cute!!!

So every morning Lindsay watches the boys for about an hour while I go downstairs and work out. I am thinking I cannot trust her anymore because when I come home THIS is what I see...

She claims he put them on himself, which worries me all the more! My little girl Joshy! Here are the boys pointing out how cute their jammies are (beware of sharks and bad to the bone)

Here they are sitting at their table drinking their juice...

6 comments:

Britt Wright said...

The temple is beautiful! And I think your little girl, Josh, is pretty darn cute.

Ashley said...

Jenn your boys are getting so big!! They're sooo adorable! And love the boots :)

Ashley said...

So I just scrolled down your blog and saw Josh's princess bed... You might consider switching the boys' beds now :) hahaha

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

When I lived in PA that was our temple. I love it, you should get a chance to go inside, it really is beautiful. Also, love the pic of Josh in the boots (classic black-male photo!!)

Janae said...

Those boots look great on little Joshy! I love the DC temple too. It is absolutely beautiful, I'm glad you guys got to see it. I am missing you so much, I wish I could have come up there to see you last weekend. :'(

Jenna said...

Jenn your boys are seriously so dang cute! I love the picture of them looking back at the temple in their pj's. So adorable!